Dolby atmos recomendations?

tofkop
Go to solution Solved by sm1th5,

That budget is just for an av receiver alone without speakers I'm afraid. 

Hi,

I have a philips tv with dolby atmos, and I want to buy some speakers now to use it.

I have a 500€ budget more or less. Is this ok to start out? 

Edit: just searched a bit and I think i underestimated the price quite a bit.

Thanks  

That budget is just for an av receiver alone without speakers I'm afraid. 

yea for minimum atmos youd need a 7.1/5.1.2 avr. 500 will get you a low end, refurbished, or used avr.
you couldnt even get a atmos sound bar set up for 500.

if avr your best bet would be to start small....get a avr and left/right speakers...the as time goes a center, a set of rears, subwoofer. then decide on how you want the atmos speakers (ceiling mounted or throw speakers)

or maybe something like this sound bar set up (it will be better then tv speaks)
https://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-Elevate-Immersive-High-Performance-Speakers/dp/B09ZX1W6Q6/ref=sr_1_9?crid=1C1N2WVGVBE68&keywords=atmos+soundbar&sprefix=atmos%2Caps%2C278&sr=8-9

19 hours ago, circeseye said:

yea for minimum atmos youd need a 7.1/5.1.2 avr. 500 will get you a low end, refurbished, or used avr.
you couldnt even get a atmos sound bar set up for 500.

if avr your best bet would be to start small....get a avr and left/right speakers...the as time goes a center, a set of rears, subwoofer. then decide on how you want the atmos speakers (ceiling mounted or throw speakers)

or maybe something like this sound bar set up (it will be better then tv speaks)
https://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-Elevate-Immersive-High-Performance-Speakers/dp/B09ZX1W6Q6/ref=sr_1_9?crid=1C1N2WVGVBE68&keywords=atmos+soundbar&sprefix=atmos%2Caps%2C278&sr=8-9

I've been reading and informing myself and I think that is the way to fo. The best option I think is the Denon AVR S660H, but cant find any decent price here in Spain. Ive seen it refurbished for 400 usd, in Spain its out of stock almost everywhere and 600€ or more...

The Sony DH790 also seems nice and a bit cheaper, but i cant connect my bluetooth headphones.

Will do a bit of math and decide then. 

Thank you for your help!