Steam Deck questions

So today I found out Im getting a $800 bonus this Friday. I was considering buying a Steam Deck, probably the 512 Gig model. I was wondering what accessories are must haves? 

I was considering a dock of some kind, Im not sure how much Id play on my TV, but the one Valve is selling looks compelling due to Ethernet as well as for table top play. 

I was considering an SD card as well, but Im not sure Id need one right away or not. Heres my question however, If I use multiple SD cards how does that work if I have games on the cards? I mean, will the steam deck automatically detect games when the cards are inserted, or would I have to manually add the games back? 

Any other accessories you feel are needed. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I have the 512 gb Steamdeck. I have probably used it for less than 10 hours total. Not a huge fan, gives me a bit of a headache looking at it for some reason. Without a case it makes my pinky fingers cramp. I have the Project Killswitch case and that makes it much better to hold. However, using it in that case means the official steam deck dock won't work. I guess that's what I get for getting a controller oriented console even though I don't like controller.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

The only accessory I got for mine was a case, and that's because I dropped it on the first day!

I actually found it more comfortable to use with a case as I personally think the grips are still a bit too small despite all the negative press about the size.

How often are you really going to use the Steamdeck docked? I'd hold out on the dock until you've used it for a while. I've had mine for a few months now and have yet to have the urge to dock it!

As for MicroSD, I'm not too sure. I re-ordered a 64GB after I got my 256GB as I realised I needed an SD card anyway, so why pay extra for more storage!

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

Had mine (512) for a couple of months+. Bought 512GB SandDisk Ultra on sale, because was super cheap, so why not, works great.

Just like with pretty much anything (non-essential) in life - buy it when you know you need it, otherwise skip. So even an SD card is an optional 'maybe', especially with 256/512 models. You don't have to 'reinitialize' SD card w/ games every time you put it in - it is automatic.

Native case works great. Ergonomics, of course, will never match a lonely gamepad (Xbox-usbC, in my case), but still surprisingly great.

Works great - going through my backcatalog. Once a week, while laying on the bed. So far runs everything I throw at it. Only time I thought it didn't - DeathLoop... after a repeated attempt - turn's out it was the initial loading that was way too long (I forgot that even my desktop had problem with the screen loading), afterwards it was fine lol.

I think Im going to do the 256Gig option instead. Out of the $800 Bonus I got just over $600 after Uncle Sam took his cut. I found a Samsung EVO SD card 512 Gig for like $50, and that will come to about $613. Im probably getting the card because Im considering installing Just Cause 3 on it, as I never finished that game and I recall it was pretty fun, but its like a 50 Gig game. Im probably also going to try Starbound, Golf with Friends and Im thinking of picking up Signalis as it looked kinda fun. Starcom is another game that I was considering, not sure if I should pick up the one thats out or the one thats about to be released. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.