New pc I built keeps freezing!

Antisaint81

So I built a pc and it consistently keeps freezing. I have to manually restart it and when I boots up it will just freeze again when not under any load. I reinstalled the os. I've done virus scans. I have all my drivers and bios updated and it still does it. 

Specs

I912000k 

Zotac 3080ti trinity oc 12gb 

68gb ddr5 dominator ram 

Msi z690 force wifi motherboard 

Rmx1000w psu

Open loop cooling system

I've done everything I can think of and I can't seem to fix it

There could be many reasons when new built computer has those issues. First thing I check is whether cooler on cpu block have installed correctly. Some manufacture put a sticker on the cpu block when not removed correctly cause thermal related issues including freezing up and or unexpected shutdown. If this is first time you are building, you will probably need to buy thermal compound before doing this. Unmount the cooler wipe out the block of thermal paste and check if there is a sticker on it. Reapply the thermal mount the cooler back on. If this is a custom PC someone built for you. You will have to run HW info to identify if your CPU is suffering from thermal issue and send them your PC back to fix it. Of course.....it being an open loop cooling, I hope it is a later.

4 minutes ago, DarkAcid1212 said:

There could be many reasons when new built computer has those issues. First thing I check is whether cooler on cpu block have installed correctly. Some manufacture put a sticker on the cpu block when not removed correctly cause thermal related issues including freezing up and or unexpected shutdown. If this is first time you are building, you will probably need to buy thermal compound before doing this. Unmount the cooler wipe out the block of thermal paste and check if there is a sticker on it. Reapply the thermal mount the cooler back on. If this is a custom PC someone built for you. You will have to run HW info to identify if your CPU is suffering from thermal issue and send them your PC back to fix it. Of course.....it being an open loop cooling, I hope it is a later.

I built it and made sure everything was set in the right positions and made sure the thermal compound was good. All my temps have been running low.

34 minutes ago, Antisaint81 said:

68gb ddr5 dominator ram 

remove all but a single stick of ram , run each stick alone in the machine , see if it boots and is stable in that config then report back

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

remove all but a single stick of ram , run each stick alone in the machine , see if it boots and is stable in that config then report back

Have done that as well didn't make and difference 

4 minutes ago, Antisaint81 said:

Have done that as well didn't make and difference 

are there any other diagnostics you've omitted from the initial post so we don;t suggest things that have already been done

Also (becuase ive been doing diagnostics for decades) did you actually try running a single stick or did you just say that in order to not have to open the machine in hopes that its an easier fix?

7 minutes ago, emosun said:

are there any other diagnostics you've omitted from the initial post so we don;t suggest things that have already been done

Also (becuase ive been doing diagnostics for decades) did you actually try running a single stick or did you just say that in order to not have to open the machine in hopes that its an easier fix?

I've tried all for of mine individually and even tried with one of my friends ddr5 sticks as a control. Froze with every one of them.

14 minutes ago, emosun said:

I've done os reinstalls, the ram troubleshooting, I've carefully taken it apart and checked all the connections and thermal paste. Checked on all the drivers to see if they were up to date. Latest bios flash. At this point I'm stumped lol

5 minutes ago, Antisaint81 said:

I've done os reinstalls, the ram troubleshooting, I've carefully taken it apart and checked all the connections and thermal paste. Checked on all the drivers to see if they were up to date. Latest bios flash. At this point I'm stumped lol

try a different drive , install windows on a flash drive if you have too , just see if it's stable that way

if its just the os that causes the freeze but it otherwise stable then it could just be an undiscovered compatibility issue with a drive

What are your temps ?

Open Bios, let the PC sit on the Temps & Fans screen.

If it freezes you have a HW or Bios setup problem.

If not it's a Windows problem.