Psu exploded because of Rgb fans.

remiah
Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

Everyone's wrong in this post.

The power supply probably failed due to old age, overheating, components inside going outside their specifications.

It's an outdated design inside, with low efficiency (~75-80% efficient) so at high-ish power consumption it runs hot which can affect internal components if the fan isn't pumping air through it.

The power supply can also supply only 360 watts on 12v output, which is used to power components like cpu and gpu.

The video card consumes up around 120 watts, the 5600x can go up  to 60-80 watts, and each fan consumes maybe 2-3 watts   and the rest is powered from the 5v and 3.3v part of the power supply ... around 2-3w for each stick of 8 GB , 1-2w for each ssd when idle or reading, maybe 5-10w when writing lots of data.

You don't need a 750w power supply, you don't even need a 650w power supply... but the price differences between a 500w and a 600w psu are usually very small.

I'm really late for work so I have to cut this short...

43 minutes ago, remiah said:

Yes, it's where i swapped my a6 unit for the case. Looking at the facebook marketplace now, seems those 2nd hand PSUs are mostly low tier and are far from where I live. 

This Coolermaster MWE 550W falls somewhere between B-tier and c-tier and is 2000 pesos (~$36) which seems to be on the more budget friendly end of the used market there.

32 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

This Coolermaster MWE 550W falls somewhere between B-tier and c-tier and is 2000 pesos (~$36) which seems to be on the more budget friendly end of the used market there.

Dude I was hoping for this psu months ago, how could i forget about it. It's about 3600 pesos for the 650w model, a bit higher than the seasonic but I have the budget. Dang it 😞

I was about to tap the cancel button when a notification pops out that my order (seasonic) has been shipped out 😞 😞 i want that cooler master mwe model.

Thank you, all guys! I really appreciate talking to you all, i learned a lot.

You can still return for refund from the store for "Doesn't fit in my case.".

14 minutes ago, Cyberat said:

You can still return for refund from the store for "Doesn't fit in my case.".

Already in my case. I will upgrade in the future if my budget permits. For now, this will do the job.