Tried to move my downloads folder into my larger ssd and now my whole ssd is a downloads folder

erick110
Go to solution Solved by matt0725,

are you downloading these files from a browser? like chrome or edge? there is a setting to change the download folder in these programs.

I have no idea how google led you to edit the registry but i would undo whatever youve done there and just look in chrome/edge settings. both have a dedicated downloads tab where you can change the location.

to change the appearance of your folder layout when you access your D drive, there is a view option on the top; change this to alphabetical and it should appear like normal.

Not sure if this is the place to ask my question so sorry about that if it isn't. Recently built my new gaming pc and I intentionally put two SSDs in my rig. One of them is 250gb and I want it to be a boot drive for my windows and some smaller applications, but the larger 2tb SSD is for my personal and school use. I constantly have to download large files from groupmates (1gb in size) since I am an student and my major requires me to design 3d models. 

Knowing this I want my downloads folder to be in my D: drive and I went on google for a simple answer and accidently  made my whole SSD into a downloads folder. I fixed the issue I think (see image below) but for some reason my D: drive still has the layout of a downloads folder(see other image below). Wondering if there is a way to fix this so I can retry this again the right way. 

Not the most tech savvy person so I hope that I did not mess up my whole pc 😞

thanks for the help and if my explanation is not good enough please let me know

Screenshot 2022-12-05 224443.png

Screenshot 2022-12-05 225445.png

are you downloading these files from a browser? like chrome or edge? there is a setting to change the download folder in these programs.

I have no idea how google led you to edit the registry but i would undo whatever youve done there and just look in chrome/edge settings. both have a dedicated downloads tab where you can change the location.

to change the appearance of your folder layout when you access your D drive, there is a view option on the top; change this to alphabetical and it should appear like normal.

wow what an easy fix! seriously mad that google made me go through that whole ordeal. Thank you I was able to change the download location and fix the layout.