Dram failed to post with Displayport

Histok
Go to solution Solved by Histok,

I finally figured out the issue. My monitors power plug wasn't fully plugged into the wall... I have no idea how this would cause my Pc to hang on the Dram every second restart, but whatever. I finally noticed it when I was swapping the monitor with my roommates to further troubleshoot. Hope this helps someone else who may be having a similar issue!

Got a new monitor that uses Display port. It only fails to post after a second restart of the system. I can get around it by initially plugging a HDMI cord into it and then plugging in DP. I've checked all the connections, bought new memory, changed refresh rates, tried three separate DP cables, updated chipset drivers and the problem persists.

Edit 1: "Ive checked all the connections" - Someone who didn't check all the connections

--Specs--

Windows 11

Ryzen 5 2700x

Rx 580

16gb ddr4 3200

Msi B450 tomahawk

650 Watt power Supply

If it's a 1 monitor configuration, and a gaming PC, there is 0 reason to use display port. HDMI is faster and provides for better responses.

I'd RMA the monitor for refund and get one without display port.

13 hours ago, Cyberat said:

If it's a 1 monitor configuration, and a gaming PC, there is 0 reason to use display port. HDMI is faster and provides for better responses.

I'd RMA the monitor for refund and get one without display port.

My GPU only has 1 HDMI 😕 and this would be my third monitor. My other two only have a 60hz display. This was my only option for a budget upgrade for a monitor.

You have 3 monitors for 1 PC and call yourself budget ???

60hz is antiquated and some games will throw up on it, also your eyesight will diminish faster.

As FPS is tied to vertical refresh frequency nowadays, you want 1 good, modern monitor, not 3 mixed matches.

I finally figured out the issue. My monitors power plug wasn't fully plugged into the wall... I have no idea how this would cause my Pc to hang on the Dram every second restart, but whatever. I finally noticed it when I was swapping the monitor with my roommates to further troubleshoot. Hope this helps someone else who may be having a similar issue!

10 hours ago, Cyberat said:

You have 3 monitors for 1 PC and call yourself budget ???

60hz is antiquated and some games will throw up on it, also your eyesight will diminish faster.

As FPS is tied to vertical refresh frequency nowadays, you want 1 good, modern monitor, not 3 mixed matches.

Lmao Thanks man. I don't think I would've figured it out without those thoughtful, accurate, objective posts of yours.