Which is best gpu for i5 4460 ?

lukaxde

Hi, so im on budget and i bought a pc with this specs i5 4460 16 gb ram r7 360 2 gb and grahpics card is just meh im playing raimbow six siege having on low barely 60 fps and im looking for upgrade, now is  i need help becouse i dont know what gpu to take like i want gpu thath can max out without any bottlenecks by cpu so i need your help guys thanks!

It's 8 years old, so I would look for something that was top of the range perhaps 6 years ago or older.

The 4000 series intel Chips were good at the time, but this is an i5 rather than an i7, and AMD's re-entry as a competitor drove CPU capabilities forward in a huge leap since then.

29 minutes ago, lukaxde said:

Hi, so im on budget and i bought a pc with this specs i5 4460 16 gb ram r7 360 2 gb and grahpics card is just meh im playing raimbow six siege having on low barely 60 fps and im looking for upgrade, now is  i need help becouse i dont know what gpu to take like i want gpu thath can max out without any bottlenecks by cpu so i need your help guys thanks!

What I can tell you is that I ran a Core 2 Quad with a GTX970 and I lost about 15 fps in games on average compared with a newer processor. Given that the processor you have much newer then the old C2Q era, it should be fine when combined with newer cards. Your CPU probably will probably struggle a bit to keep up with RTX 2070 cards and up. 

Given your budget, you want to look out for something used anyways and don't overspend. A GTX 960 or 1050 would be a huge upgrade already compared to the R7 360. 

Keep in mind that some older high end cards, while being cheap these days, may need a stronger PSU to operate. You can look at the compute scores from Passmark to give you an overall idea on performance. Here is the link

I would honestly hit the used market, snag an i7-4770 and a GTX 1070, if your power supply can handle it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

rx 580 8gb or gtx 1060 6gb will work really well, and are pretty cheap on ebay, for a little more then 100$.

Don't worry about buying a GPU that's "too new" for your 4th gen CPU, because you can take it with you to a faster machine down the road. If you buy something that's a perfect match now, it's going to be just as obsolete as that CPU later.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

A 1060. Paired one with a 4770k/90k. Cpu struggles more than the card will. So shouldnt be a real issue. Just limit frames if need be.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz