CPU/GPU Temp Monitoring Software

kb5zue

Somewhere in the deep dark reaches of the unknown I "seem" to remember some CPU and GPU temperature monitoring software that would put the current active temps down on the right hand side of the task bar so the temps would be visible all the time.  Does anyone else remember this?  If so, could you please drop a note here in the forums so the rest of us could benefit from this?  Many thanks to all that reply.

If software like this does not exist, it would be a good idea for someone with the correct knowledge to create it.  The idea of the current temps being posted on the right side of the windows task bar would be a great idea.  Once again, many thanks for all that take the time to read this post and reply.

17 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Somewhere in the deep dark reaches of the unknown I "seem" to remember some CPU and GPU temperature monitoring software that would put the current active temps down on the right hand side of the task bar so the temps would be visible all the time.  Does anyone else remember this?  If so, could you please drop a note here in the forums so the rest of us could benefit from this?  Many thanks to all that reply.

If software like this does not exist, it would be a good idea for someone with the correct knowledge to create it.  The idea of the current temps being posted on the right side of the windows task bar would be a great idea.  Once again, many thanks for all that take the time to read this post and reply.

Both MSI Afterburner and HWInfo64 can do that and I am sure there are others that will be mentioned here.

23 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

HWinfo64, you can go to a sensor that you'd like to have shown in the taskbar, go into properties of that sensor and enable it.. idk exactly where, but I've extensively used that option in HWinfo64 so I know it can be done, and quite easily. I'm currently on a mac and don't have access to my W10 desktop, so I can't double check what the exact procedure is.. but anyone with eyes and capacity to read should be able to do it, it's dead easy. 

You can even set the text size, thickness, font.. you'll find it 🙂 

2 hours ago, DigitalGoat said:

Both MSI Afterburner and HWInfo64 can do that and I am sure there are others that will be mentioned here.

MSI AFterburner only displays its values in-game and not on the desktop. I used that once and since then I almost can't live without it lol

1 hour ago, DreamCat04 said:

MSI AFterburner only displays its values in-game and not on the desktop. I used that once and since then I almost can't live without it lol

It also displays values on the taskbar, regardless of running a game or not, check the monitoring tab for options.

Thanks to everyone that replied.  I will d/l both HWInfo now and give it a try.  Once again, many thanks.