I want to build my first gaming PC

Codrut1001
Go to solution Solved by brob,

Generally one wants to pair an unlocked CPU like the i7-12700KF with a z690 or z790 motherboard. Doing so makes it much easier to overclock. If one has no desire to overclock, use an i7-12700(F) instead.

I'd suggest an air tower CPU cooler rather than an AIO. Something like a Deepcool AK400 or AK620, or Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE.

The H510 is known for poor thermals. Consider the H510 Flow or other mesh front case.

Budget (including currency): 1000$ (5000 lei)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Video Editing, Programming in Unreal Engine, Playing modern games(such as Stray, Forza Horizon, RDR2, maybe some VR games)

I have been saving up for a few years so I could build myself a good gaming PC for a while, in this time I made a few parts list in pcpartpicker and researched some components to use. Here is the link to the pcpartpicker list.

Mostly I think the build is great, but I would like to know if the parts I chose are worth it and if they could be replaced with others with better value. The parts I'm unsure about are the motherboard, cooler, the case and the power supply. I have never build a PC before and I want it to be good value.

Also, would I need anything else beside these parts? Do I need to buy thermal paste, connectors and other items separately?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! 🙂

Unable to access the list.

Edit: Thermal paste is 'usually' included on the cooler, assuming it is brand new. Also for other connectors, not really. Any cables you need are 'usually' included as well. Maybe a sata data cable if you are using sata drives (HDD, 2.5" SSD)

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

2 hours ago, PiberiusWilde said:

Unable to access the list.

Edit: Thermal paste is 'usually' included on the cooler, assuming it is brand new. Also for other connectors, not really. Any cables you need are 'usually' included as well. Maybe a sata data cable if you are using sata drives (HDD, 2.5" SSD)

I do have some spare sata cables from my external ssd, so I should be alright then with cables.

Also I fixed the link, It should now work.

Generally one wants to pair an unlocked CPU like the i7-12700KF with a z690 or z790 motherboard. Doing so makes it much easier to overclock. If one has no desire to overclock, use an i7-12700(F) instead.

I'd suggest an air tower CPU cooler rather than an AIO. Something like a Deepcool AK400 or AK620, or Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE.

The H510 is known for poor thermals. Consider the H510 Flow or other mesh front case.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

9 hours ago, brob said:

Thanks! I'll modify the list accordingly