Which CPU core should I look at for temperature?

Go to solution Solved by Dukesilver27-,

CPU package, idk what is the name in corsair's software, but on HWINFO it's usually CPU package. Basically it is the overall temperature of the CPU across all cores.

I have a temperature monitor on my Corsair AIO LCD screen that tells me the real time temperature of my CPU. I'm wondering which core I should set the reading to. Is Core #1 more accurate than the others or is there a general consensus that when you say "my CPU temp is X" that you are referring to the temperature of a specific core?

CPU package, idk what is the name in corsair's software, but on HWINFO it's usually CPU package. Basically it is the overall temperature of the CPU across all cores.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

3 minutes ago, Dukesilver27- said:

Thanks for the info. I do see that in the Corsair iCUE software so I'll use that.