Ad off centre

GOTSpectrum

Browser, version and OS: Chrome, Win10

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

Go to home page

What happened?

The ad is off centre

What did you expect to happen?

Ad to be centred

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

image.png.056aae07db97fd109cdeb2b7cbb5794f.png

Any other relevant details:

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Thanks, I didn't even notice it but now I cannot unsee it.

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

It appears to be left-aligned rather than centred.

Clearer in light mode

image.png.064f6b5afc15beab33a82c2bf9d0b0ca.png

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

Appears to be centered now,

image.png.4c11913996ef282d22fe4e64fd4d7356.png

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

4 hours ago, Lightwreather JfromN said:

Appears to be centered now,

image.png.4c11913996ef282d22fe4e64fd4d7356.png

4 hours ago, RollinLower said:

can confirm!

confirmed!.png.1c3147d25b952f4e07861f9c37f47c8c.png

No it is only this one ad that is off centre, not every ad 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

31 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

No it is only this one ad that is off centre, not every ad 

oh.

that's peculiar.

I can't think of any reason apart from the image file itself being wonky, then again I know very little when it comes to webpages displaying odd things.

Note: I'm using Safari.

That's bothered me for a while as well. Looking in to it I can see the issue causing those two ads not to be aligned properly and I've applied a quick fix to the ads which should fix the alignment. If it's still not aligned correctly let me know.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

It possibly is a deliberate choice from the designer. Think, is so offsetting (pun implied) that you remember the ad and tell others who may not have seen or even heard of the product or the manufacturer.

Your talking about it on a world-wide platform is the cheapest kind of mass advertising available.

Congrats to the designers and I hope they were well remunerated for this feat.

20 hours ago, Spotty said:

That's bothered me for a while as well. Looking in to it I can see the issue causing those two ads not to be aligned properly and I've applied a quick fix to the ads which should fix the alignment. If it's still not aligned correctly let me know.

Now my ads are displaying backwards! /s

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor