Smart TV Reconnecting To Wi-Fi When Turned On

NetanelC

Hey, recently we upgraded to fiber and we also got the Deco mesh system (x20). Since then, my smart tv is reconnecting to the Wi-Fi when i turn it on.

It’s nothing extreme but kind of annoying. If YT or any streaming app is on when the tv is turned on then it messes up the app and I need to exit, clear cache and re-enter.

- It does that only when it was turned off for a while. If I turn it off and then on again after ten minutes I don’t have any issues. After maybe a few hours it will do that.

- IP setting on the TV is DHCP but on my Wi-Fi managing page I see it has static IP and the lease time stays on zero (DHCP lease time is set for a week).

- I already rebooted both my system and TV, forgot the connection, etc.. 

- the process is - when the TV turned on it will say there is no connection and after 10 seconds it will automatically reconnect. 

Any idea will be appreciated.

That would be a little annoying, just to make sure I understand you correctly, when you turn on your TV after a little while, it’s taking some extra time to connect to the Wi-Fi?

speaking for my own experience, my TV has an option for a power saving standby mode, and a Quickstart mode, if your TV has an option like that, I would look for it and set it to the quick start

30 minutes ago, seanondemand said:

That would be a little annoying, just to make sure I understand you correctly, when you turn on your TV after a little while, it’s taking some extra time to connect to the Wi-Fi?

speaking for my own experience, my TV has an option for a power saving standby mode, and a Quickstart mode, if your TV has an option like that, I would look for it and set it to the quick start

If before I could turn the TV off in the middle of a video and when turned on again, the video would start pretty quickly (beyond the waiting time for the tv to completely turn on) then now I’ll get a message that there is no connection and all the icons will disappear (like buttons, list for subscriptions, etc.)and I’ll need to close the app and clear it before I open it again when the connection is back on.

I have it but never used it. I always just turned it off completely when I’m done.

On 11/28/2022 at 3:54 PM, NetanelC said:

If before I could turn the TV off in the middle of a video and when turned on again, the video would start pretty quickly (beyond the waiting time for the tv to completely turn on) then now I’ll get a message that there is no connection and all the icons will disappear (like buttons, list for subscriptions, etc.)and I’ll need to close the app and clear it before I open it again when the connection is back on.

I have it but never used it. I always just turned it off completely when I’m done.

What make and model of TV?

Have you activated the ‘quickstart’ mode as suggested?

On 12/4/2022 at 5:11 PM, Falcon1986 said:

What make and model of TV?

Have you activated the ‘quickstart’ mode as suggested?

Missed the notification…

the TV is Xiaomi 55” MiTV-MSSP3

I didn’t find a QuickStart mode. Found a sleep mode to make the tv sleep after a set time, I’ll try it but to be honest I don’t like this solution. The minimum time is 5 minutes so if I want to sleep I’ll have to wait for it to go to sleep? Not ideal.

Really, my main issue is the fact that I don’t know the issue. I care less about the 10 seconds I need to wait every time. I care that every time it turns on I get a reminder that there is something I don’t know that I’m sure it’s fixable since that already happened for a week or so and all of a sudden went back to normal….