Defeated...My computer blue screens and I can not figure out why.

ELSknutson

I keep getting an Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap 

What I have tried to fix it 

I have completely reinstalled windows

updated all drivers

tried different drivers on both windows and Nvidia

tested my ram and tested to see if it was a bad stick 

updated the bios though it still shows as a 2021 bios kinda odd 

Tested both the gpu and CPU for stress 

various browsers

and so far nothing has worked 

This error usually happens when I am watching content online like Amazon Prime video 

The computer seems to run completely fine in games and other content which makes me scratch my head about the issue. 

System

1 year old pc has had no issues till now

3080ti watercooled

10900Kf Watercooled

32gb Corsair ddr4

850W psu

Asus ROG Strix Z590-A 

image0.jpeg

Please read the "Read before asking for help" stickied thread and edit your post with the info it says to include. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

4 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Please read the "Read before asking for help" stickied thread and edit your post with the info it says to include. 

Sorry hit enter by accident before I had time to explain myself 

Disconnect EVERYTHING connected via USB except for keyboard and mouse and reboot..

Run chkdsk by pressing the Windows + X keys and choose either Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin) because it may be a corrupt file or a misconfigured device.

The attach 1 device at a time, shutting down and starting from a cold boot check each device until the problem occurs and reinstall the driver.

You can always analyse the mini dump file via WinDbg you can get it from Store app.

Just type and execute or click on: !analyse

in the program.

You can also upload it here and someone can check for you.

This is what Microsoft doc says:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x7f--unexpected-kernel-mode-trap

It suggest bad OC, or faulty hardware.

Probably try to disable XMP (DOCP for AMD) or boost the RAM voltage a hint (I said a hint), and ensure nothing is OC.

23 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

You can always analyse the mini dump file via WinDbg you can get it from Store app.

in the program.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x7f--unexpected-kernel-mode-trap

Probably try to disable XMP (DOCP for AMD) or boost the RAM voltage a hint (I said a hint), and ensure nothing is OC.

I set everything back to factory defaults but I will check again to ensure nothing is being overclocked. Thanks for the info

33 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

in the program.

Help.debugtarget

1 hour ago, ELSknutson said:

I don't know what that is. The mini dump file is extension is .dump located at: C:/Windows/Minidump/

12 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

I don't know what that is. The mini dump file is extension is .dump located at: C:/Windows/Minidump/

Sorry, new to that program I ended up reinstalling windows again but this time via usb unplugged everything except a standard keyboard and mouse and just did the basic updates needed by windows and everything looks to be working. I have not had much time to test the issue. I have a sneaky feeling it has something to do with my Logitech G733 headset though or a sound driver issue. 

On 11/28/2022 at 8:24 AM, ELSknutson said:

Sorry, new to that program I ended up reinstalling windows again but this time via usb unplugged everything except a standard keyboard and mouse and just did the basic updates needed by windows and everything looks to be working. I have not had much time to test the issue. I have a sneaky feeling it has something to do with my Logitech G733 headset though or a sound driver issue. 

Failed again 😞  Picked up a set of ram online and I am going to try a test with that when I get home. Also I will upgrade to windows 11 with a fresh install just to see if that works. The issue only seems to happen when I’m in a online media player like Amazon prime video, Twitch and even my Test out school program all online. I have tried mem test, Ada 64, and have been playing wow on it plus I ran future mark. In all those instances the computer never crashes. 

upgraded to window 11 still no luck. Its Sunday so I think I am going to have my local pastor come over to see if it may be Demons.