Which brand for case fans?

g335

Hello,

I have a Fractal Meshify  2 case.  I want to replace the stock front fans with rgb fans.  Which brand makes good RGB fans that are good at cooling and not loud?

Imo Lian Li's Unifans are quite silent and look very good.

If you want to spend a lot of money with declining returns, Corsair. Still good fans, just painfully overpriced these days, and they haven't adjusted their pricing to be competitive with the Thermalrights, Arctics and Vetroos that have come into play.

Speaking of, Arctic P12s would be my first choice.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

I have been using  Lian Li's Unifans for about a year and have found that they are quiet but powerful and the RGB is fantastic, the only fault is the price but in my opinion there RGB is unmatched

My PC AMD Ryzen 3600, Vetroo V5, Nvidia 2060, Lian-Li LANCOOL II .

I've gotten good performance from Cooler Mater Sickleflows in the past. RGB version, ARGB version, no LEDs at all. They're cheap, they have good static pressure, and they move air quietly.

Salt SYSTEMs:

SYSTEM-Infinity+1(Centerpiece) -- Ryzen 5600X + RX 6800 XT + Galahad 360 + 32GB + Thermaltake P3

SYSTEM-Embrace (Portable) --Ryzen 5600 + RX 5700 XT + Galahad 240 + 16GB + Hyte Revolt 3

On 11/25/2022 at 5:42 AM, Dogzilla07 said:

Are they better (or as good) as Noctua A14s?

I think one of my stock Phanteks fans is failing or something is going on..... at times, it starts chirping (best way to describe it).   The noise, when it occurs, is really annoying and fairly loud. 

I need to take my case off and try to mess around with the fan but I wanted to replace the stock ones for quieter ones anyway - I want either Arctic P14s (I have a couple in there now) or Noctua A14s or Silent Wings 4 (I think the Noctua & Be Quiets are quieter than the Arctic P14s?).   The Arctic P14s are cheaper but I was thinking of getting Silent Wings 4s since I can go to a local store chain and buy them.   $30, though.   😕

Edit:  Interesting link, Dogzilla! 🙂  Cool.

Edit #2:  P12s are good if you go with 120mm, else P14s are pretty good.   I was considering a Meshify 2 when I shopped for a case.   I ultimately went with a Phanteks P500A - and I added a few P14s to the case (I'm not sure what the stock Phantek fans are - which model?  If anyone knows, pls post.... yes, I checked the website and the related manual.