Rx 6900 xt stuttering HELP!

DoubtingCastle

So I recently got a rx 6900 xt and I have been getting stuttering ever since. What happens is when I use vsync which caps my frames to 144fps, the frames go from 144 to 138 no the matter the game no matter the settings. I have tried everything, ddu new drivers new bios uninstalled reinstalled windows, upgraded to windows 11, set a frame limit in adrenaline, turned freesync off, turned resizable bar off, anything you can think I did also reseated everything. today when going to game I saw the Qled on my motherboard was white which indicated something with the gpu so I reseated the gpu and it went away but when booting up I saw on the motherboard bios screen some artifacting but have not seen it since. I ran 3d mark fire strike (38,111) and 3d mark(16,792) which both came back normal. temps are fine and honestly I give up on trying. Also another to mention my pc has been giving off some strong plastic smell.

pc specs
ryzen 5 5600x
rx 6900 xt
corsair rmx 850w psu
2x8gb ddr4 3600mhz ram
msi b550 tomhawk

What version of Adrenalin are you using? theres 2 versions a "Stable" version and an "optional" version.

Also, a little more info could help windows Version not just windows 11 and what resolution for your monitor

and the more obvious question is in System>Display>Advanced Display the refresh rate is set to what you want it to be?

3 hours ago, Viridian said:

What version of Adrenalin are you using? theres 2 versions a "Stable" version and an "optional" version.

Also, a little more info could help windows Version not just windows 11 and what resolution for your monitor

and the more obvious question is in System>Display>Advanced Display the refresh rate is set to what you want it to be?

Im using the latest ones needed to play the new warzone. monitor resolution is 1980x 1080 and yes the refresh rate it set to the proper one.

1 hour ago, DoubtingCastle said:

Im using the latest ones needed to play the new warzone. monitor resolution is 1980x 1080 and yes the refresh rate it set to the proper one.

Do you have any overlays running? like Discord or Steam overlay or even a FPS overlay try disabling them and see if it goes away.

there are 2 versions of the AMD Adrenalin one is 22.10.3 ( Non Beta ) and the other is 22.11.1 ( Beta ) if you are running the beta version try going back to the "Recommended" one (22.10.3)

42 minutes ago, Viridian said:

Do you have any overlays running? like Discord or Steam overlay or even a FPS overlay try disabling them and see if it goes away.

there are 2 versions of the AMD Adrenalin one is 22.10.3 ( Non Beta ) and the other is 22.11.1 ( Beta ) if you are running the beta version try going back to the "Recommended" one (22.10.3)

Ok, so I checked and I no overlays running and I will try the recommended driver. 

4 minutes ago, DoubtingCastle said:

Ok, so I checked and I no overlays running and I will try the recommended driver. 

Okay, another option you can try and putting the Min frequency up to say 2500MHz and see if that helps

Paint.png