Is the Samsung QE55S95BAT a good deal at 1300€(Austria)? Compared to LG C2@1200€ or Sony A80k@1200€

Viewing distance: about 2.15m(7.05ft) to the center of the screen. Couch won't be here before next year. Position might chage but that is the current setup.

At that distance I came up with between 50" and 55".  I personally don't like overblown colors but from what I have seen calibration can fix it to, good enough for 90% of people. There seem to be some other issues like tone mapping that I don't understand yet. Also my understanding is that most of the dumb "at review/release time"-issues with this one have been fixed in firmware updates since. Is that the case? Any first hand experience?

I have little to no experience with any modern TV OS. People seem to hate TizenOS. I am considering throwing an Apple TV 4K or a Chromecast 4K at it and never touching it beyond initial setup. Will I be bothered?

Other options include an LG OLED55C27LA for 1199€ but that is a full class below the Samsung S95B Tier.

I know it should be better compared to the LG G2 but those are at 1550€ out of my budget comfort zone and as the reviews seem to suggest superior in dark scenes but vastly inverior in color performance. I think I about understand the implications of WOLED vs QD-OLED.

I don't yet understand Sony's lineup. The A95k is at a ridiculous 2.4k€.  Sony XR-55A80K for 1199€ or Sony XR-55A80J for 999€.

Philips: I like Ambilight and they support both Dolby Vision and HDR10+ which is a big plus. Both the 55OLED707 and 856 are at about 1250€ so technically in range. My flat shares Phlips year old 4k LCD hasn't seen security updates for android in years and takes 30s+ to boot which are both big nonos for me.

Also Panasonic which a rep tried talking me into but couldn't explain why.

I am worried about the downside of "only" having HDR10+ and not Dolby Vision. Most reviews I have found have done an attrocious job of acctually explaining significant differences downsides, let alone make a comparison what happens on fall back to HDR10.

Anything I should understand about what I am getting myself into with an S95B?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

I would drop the Sony from your comparison, as it’s a bit of a step behind the LG. The S95B uses a new OLED tech called QD-OLED that produces some impressive results, while the C2 uses a more refined version of LG’s WOLED panel. Both are excellent looking TVs so honestly, I think it comes down to features.
The Samsung has 2 HDMI 2.1 ports, one of which is an earc port for audio, so if you’re using an earc audio device, that leaves you just one port for HDMI 2.1 and the gaming features it comes with. If you only have one console to plug in, great; otherwise, if you have more than one console or gaming PC you want to plug in, you’ll be making compromises. The LG has four HDMI 2.1 ports. 
There is evidence to suggest that the QD-OLED panel will be more resistant to burn-in/image retention if you plan on using the TV as a monitor. It’s brand new tech though, so your experience may be different. 
HDR10+ isn’t used much (Prime Video is probably the biggest service using it) and seems to be losing the HDR wars to Dolby Vision. Anecdotally, I really hate Tizen and app support for HDR/4K is all over the place, just really inconsistent. 

Check out digital trends, check out rtings.com, but feel good knowing that honestly they’re both pretty dang good tvs. 

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/samsung-s95b-oled-vs-lg-c2-oled/32382/31229?usage=1&threshold=0.10

Here is a comparison of the S95B vs the LG C2 - as you can see from the results, they're very similar. The S95B has brighter colours, but the LG C2 has better contrast and blacks.

The C2 also has better support for features, particularly Dolby Vision, whereas the S95B only supports HDR10+. If you're a big movie buff, and especially if you'll be watching a lot of 4K Blu-Rays, the lack of Dolby Vision might be a deal breaker.

IMO, I have the Sony A80J and it's kickass. It's very similar to both of these TV's - though closer to the C2 (It uses the same panel as the LG C1, with some tweaks). I have absolutely no regrets with my A80J.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)