ASUS TUF AX5400 slows internet

I use fiber broadband which provides 400 Mpbs internet speed. The connection type is PPoE and I have static IP. I am using Asus TUF AX5400 as my router. I have around 20 WiFi Clients (8 -5Ghz & 12 2.4Ghz) and 1 Wired device (Raspberry PI acts as DHCP, DNS & Samba Server).  I use guest WiFi network for all my IOT devices which doesnt have access to the local network. 

In the above mentioned set up my Speedtest shows around 200-250Mpbs. This is same across speedtest.net, fast.com & mesurementlab (provided by Google Chrome).

When I disable the Guest WIFI and connect all my IOT device to my 2.4GHz, the speedtest shows is what is promised by my internet provider (400-450Mbps).

I have a Oracle Cloud server where I have enabled Pi VPN (Wireguard). This behaviour of reduced speed is also seen when I connect my Router to Wireguard VPN Client. 

The router is running the latest firmware provided by ASUS and I dont see any reason why Internet speed should be throttled.

What are my options?

6 minutes ago, vivek.ns said:

I use fiber broadband which provides 400 Mpbs internet speed. The connection type is PPoE and I have static IP. I am using Asus TUF AX5400 as my router. I have around 20 WiFi Clients (8 -5Ghz & 12 2.4Ghz) and 1 Wired device (Raspberry PI acts as DHCP, DNS & Samba Server).  I use guest WiFi network for all my IOT devices which doesnt have access to the local network. 

In the above mentioned set up my Speedtest shows around 200-250Mpbs. This is same across speedtest.net, fast.com & mesurementlab (provided by Google Chrome).

When I disable the Guest WIFI and connect all my IOT device to my 2.4GHz, the speedtest shows is what is promised by my internet provider (400-450Mbps).

I have a Oracle Cloud server where I have enabled Pi VPN (Wireguard). This behaviour of reduced speed is also seen when I connect my Router to Wireguard VPN Client. 

The router is running the latest firmware provided by ASUS and I dont see any reason why Internet speed should be throttled.

What are my options?

From my experience, the Raspberry Pi is not powerful enough to handle multiple clients and doing more than one task at a time. I recently had to replace my Pi 3 print server with an old Athlon X2 because it could no longer handle 3 page PDFs properly, ever since the 5.0 kernel.

4 hours ago, Applefreak said:

From my experience, the Raspberry Pi is not powerful enough to handle multiple clients and doing more than one task at a time. I recently had to replace my Pi 3 print server with an old Athlon X2 because it could no longer handle 3 page PDFs properly, ever since the 5.0 kernel.

Thats what my initial impression was.  To be sure, I reset my router to the factory settings, disconnected the Raspberry Pi from my set up and used the default settings for DHCP and DNS which ASUS provides. Still when I turn on the Guest WIFI or the Wireguard VPN, the internet is being Throttled.

Even now with the Pi I am able to get the full speed when I have turned off the Guest WIFI or Wireguard VPN. So I am sure the Pi is not the bottleneck here.

I have also experimented Pi with the OpernWRT and have got the 400Mbps.