Help finding a better network solution

cfrozer

Hello! Forgive me as my networking knowledge is limited, but I'm willing to lean about it. 
I'm having a tough time figuring out what to do to fix my damn networking solution at my house. 
I have gigabit internet and have various dead zones & poor speed. The only time i can get above 150Mbps is when I'm in the room with the router, or directly connected to it with a ethernet cable.
I can get 1.5gb with a wire so the router is provisioned good.  A friend gave me a Netgear R7000, which helped with the range and the speed a bit. Now that R7000 is causing issues & Netgear support says they can't help, So here I am. I'd also like to move away from that router. 
I'm looking at a "Ubiquiti UniFi 6 Long-Range Access Point" and a few Mesh WiFi systems such as the 
NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System (RBK753) 

TP-Link Deco Tri Band Mesh WiFi 6 System(Deco X68) 

NETGEAR Nighthawk Tri-band Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 System (MK83) 

Not sure if this makes a big difference but I'd also like a triband system, only if it makes a difference. 
There's 3 people that live in my home but there's always more then 6 here, each with a smartphone or a laptop, all constantly being used with video chats, movie streaming, youtube, tiktok, etc
I also have a lot of devices that connect but shouldn't use much bandwidth such as, Wi-Fi enabled lights, etc (currently there's 30 devices connected)

So, my question is what would be the best system to get? Please leave your suggestions or one from the list. I'd like something with good speed & range. I know Linus used ubiquity before so that was why I thought of that one. My budget is about $500 but I'm flexible. I don't want anything that will require constant rebooting or tinkering, just a set it & forget it type of deal. Stability & speed.  I don't want to use an old PC as a router. 

Blue text is linked to US amazon listings.

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

32GB corsair LPX ddr4 ram 

@cfrozer

I wouldn't jump to replacement without first trying to find out why your WiFi is so slow in the first place. The problem can be something not related to the router itself, and replacement would either yield marginal improvement or none at all.

Please provide the following information:

1. What networking hardware do you currently use?
  2. How is this hardware all linked together? A simple diagram would be helpful if it's more than just a modem and router.
  3. Do you live in your own house or in an apartment complex?
  4. Where is the WiFi source positioned in the house? Centrally or at the periphery? Is it shoved into a cabinet under the desk or near any sources of obstruction?
  5. What are the WiFi settings being used on the router/gateway?
  6. Have you tried running any wireless surveys? Use WiFiman (personal preference on Android) or another WiFi analyzer to determine how busy your 2.4GHz and 5GHz spectra are. Post the screenshots here.

Linus’ Ubiquiti gear included not just 1 access point but several, all run by a Dream Machine Pro (if I remember right), which would solve your coverage issues but run a lot more than $500. A mesh system is probably the more cost-effective option if it comes down to buying a new solution for you, unless you’re looking for the more granular control of a semi-enterprise system like a Ubiquiti rig.