coding and gaming plus some youtube editing for son

fred82

Budget (including currency): 3000 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: youtube video a bit, lot of programming (and testing in cyber) and 1440p video games (i guess 4k too hard to get) CoD for ex

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

as i said in a previous one i wanted to have server but i buy separately along with NAS. I have a 27 inches monitor 1440p i will go to bigger wonder if interesting having 4k since i guess hard to have the video card matching. Important note : i very probably will wait new AMD video card (even if not 100% sure). for my needs CPU is important and also 64Gb RAM . I have no clue about parts to get (i used laptops now for 15 years) thx 

i don't get why all my posts are ignored

did i write something wrong or maybe it is not clear?

pls help to understand . anyway thx to read

Can you define what you mean by "testing in cyber"?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

oh sorry and thx

yes i will have a server for my threat intelligence work

but this computer i will test the plateforms the ne tools my scripts and do programming. like it is really my machine i work on.

i am sorry sometimes my english is bad but as said my teachers i never express correctly my thoughts 😄

thx brob

so to summarize :

coding + testing the code + gaming (CoD and strategy games) + a bit of video editing since i will help my son to sart his youtube channel 😄

I haven't included a GPU. For 1440 something like an RTX 3070 would be fine. In which case the PSU could be reduced to 850W. The PSU in this build presumes a more powerful GPU will be used.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-13900K 3 GHz 24-Core Processor  ($798.95 @ shopRBC) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($139.94 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z790-P WIFI D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($319.99 @ PC-Canada) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($264.99 @ Memory Express) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($149.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM1000e 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($199.99 @ Memory Express) 
Total: $1973.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-11-19 14:46 EST-0500

thank you @brob

that makes me very happy. this is something i like. 

i don't know anything about cooling so i trust you totally on this 🙂

for the processor i was so much spending time to choose and hesitated but the one you suggest is one of the top list so that's nice to see confirmation . even if a bit expensive i prefer this good one for performance.

again thx

9 minutes ago, fred82 said:

thank you @brob

that makes me very happy. this is something i like. 

i don't know anything about cooling so i trust you totally on this 🙂

for the processor i was so much spending time to choose and hesitated but the one you suggest is one of the top list so that's nice to see confirmation . even if a bit expensive i prefer this good one for performance.

again thx

If you want to save a bit you could get the i7-13700K. It is quite powerful.