About H87 Motherboards

Go to solution Solved by Sintezza,

i cannot speak for other boards, but i know that the Asrock H87 Fatal1ty performance, has a non Z overclock feuture in the bios. i know some one, who had bumped up his 4670K to 4.5GHZ with that feuture.

But if im right not every brand has this feuture pressent in the bios. Till now i only know that Asrock H87 fatality performance has this feuture.

also not to mention H87 does not support Sli, dont know if this would be an issue for you but, i still would mention it. ;)

Well, I'll be building a PC for the very first time in about ~2 months. And I'm on a budget and I would like to know that do H87 chipset motherboards support overclocking? I've heard it does not but I have seen some people claim it does. 

The board I'm looking at is the Gigabyte GA-H87-HD3..

Sooo will I be able to overclock the 4670k a little on a hyper 212 evo?

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

i cannot speak for other boards, but i know that the Asrock H87 Fatal1ty performance, has a non Z overclock feuture in the bios. i know some one, who had bumped up his 4670K to 4.5GHZ with that feuture.

But if im right not every brand has this feuture pressent in the bios. Till now i only know that Asrock H87 fatality performance has this feuture.

also not to mention H87 does not support Sli, dont know if this would be an issue for you but, i still would mention it. ;)

My Gigabyte H87M-D3H has overclocking options in the UEFI/Bios.
haven't played around with it, because of a non oc cpu, but I will one day

Case: NZXT H440, Motherboard: Z97 ROG Ranger, CPU: i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz, Ram: 8GB G.Skill Sniper @ 1600MHZ CL9, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB, PSU: Cooler Master V650, Cooling: Swiftech H320, Monitors: 3 x Benq VZ2350

Isn't it B87 is non-overclock, H87 is overclocking.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Thank you everybody, I've made my decision.

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

Most b85/h87 mobos allow OC.  Can't really tell you about that specific one but as a 4power phase mobo it shouldn't be stable at higher OC's.