Problem while adding ram on hp probook

Go to solution Solved by Hasan123,

Ok I solved it without any hp bullshit. I don’t know if it’ll work for others, but I’m writing it anyway. First, Install the new ram and boot. There will be a bios error. Just press enter. Then turn it off and install the second stick. Another bios error, press enter. Done. (Note:both of your ram will ram will run at the lowest speed. For me, it’s 2400) Thanks to biotechben for helping.

Hello, I have a HP ProBook G7.But today I tried to upgrade it from one stick of 8 GB RAM (sk Hynix 2400)to 2 sticks of 4 GB RAM but it is having a problem. What can I do about it? The sticks are from companies (transcend3200 and Samsung2400)and the speeds are different. No answers from hp forum or customer support. Sorry for the bad video quality.

42 minutes ago, Hasan123 said:

Hello, I have a HP ProBook G7.But today I tried to upgrade it from one stick of 8 GB RAM (sk Hynix 2400)to 2 sticks of 4 GB RAM but it is having a problem. What can I do about it? The sticks are from companies (transcend3200 and Samsung2400)and the speeds are different. No answers from hp forum or customer support. Sorry for the bad video quality.

69027560309__1A2485DD-A7F4-47C9-8784-1A99C865DC58.MOV

You're going to need two matching sticks, and sticks that are validated for that board. 

Just now, BiotechBen said:

You're going to need two matching sticks, and sticks that are validated for that board. 

How to check and can I validate these ,if possible?

18 minutes ago, Hasan123 said:

How to check and can I validate these ,if possible?

On HP's site, you can look up the model of the laptop and then find the validated components from HP. Your best bet would be to get another one of the exact samsung sodimms that it started with.

Ok I solved it without any hp bullshit. I don’t know if it’ll work for others, but I’m writing it anyway. First, Install the new ram and boot. There will be a bios error. Just press enter. Then turn it off and install the second stick. Another bios error, press enter. Done. (Note:both of your ram will ram will run at the lowest speed. For me, it’s 2400) Thanks to biotechben for helping.