Internet speeds are super slow through lan.

Mightycyrus

I only get 28 megabytes up and 28 down on my pc, while getting 300 megabytes on my Iphone. I have installed both chipset drivers and network adapters, I have also purchased a pcie wifi card and that still didn't do it. I keep getting the same result, what can I do to fix it? 

desktop and laptop both are on wifi?

if you open task manager and to go the performance tab, click on the wifi one. on the bottom left. there should be something like 802.11 something something. what is that there?

Exact details are necessary. Which of the following is how your speed tests read? Are they shown the same between the devices?

MBps / MB/s

or

Mbps / mb/s

These look extremely similar, but the Capitalizing of the B is a huge key factor. So its important to distinguish which are being tested/displayed and if they match between the 2 devices.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

My pc does not have wifi, its only ethernet. 

and I get 28 Mbps download and 28 Mbps upload on my pc

While on every other device including both my laptop and phone I get 300 Mbps download and around 28 Mbps upload. 

and these numbers are from google speed test. 

19 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Exact details are necessary. Which of the following is how your speed tests read? Are they shown the same between the devices?

MBps / MB/s

or

Mbps / mb/s

These look extremely similar, but the Capitalizing of the B is a huge key factor. So its important to distinguish which are being tested/displayed and if they match between the 2 devices.

I get 28 Mbps download and 28 Mbps upload on my pc

While on every other device including both my laptop and phone I get 300 Mbps download and around 28 Mbps upload. 

Just now, Mightycyrus said:

I get 28 Mbps download and 28 Mbps upload on my pc

If drivers are up to date, then I would try a different ethernet cable.

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

4 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

If drivers are up to date, then I would try a different ethernet cable.

I swapped the router to modem cable with my pc to modem cable, basically switched the two, still get same download speeds while using wifi on my phone and on my pc I still get the same results. 

You can try resetting the network devices. if you go to the windows network settings, at the bottom there will be a network reset button. 

Just now, Mightycyrus said:

I swapped the router to modem cable with my pc to modem cable, basically switched the two, still get same download speeds while using wifi on my phone and on my pc I still get the same results. 

what happens if you plug directly into the modem and bypass the router?

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

what happens if you plug directly into the modem and bypass the router?

Interestingly my pcie card does not work when doing that, onboard ethernet works tho, but I still get the same results as before 

3 minutes ago, TheBean said:

You can try resetting the network devices. if you go to the windows network settings, at the bottom there will be a network reset button. 

I did try that no changes and restarted my pc, nothing changed from that. 

I also tried using other speed tests, the one on okola or what ever it is, it shows me the same 300 Mbps download on the pc and phone. I tried to download a steam game and it peaked at 3.3 MB/s on my pc. I just downloaded steam on my mac and started downloading a game (through wifi) and it peaked at 29.4 MB/s. 

I just download SG TCP Optimizer which literally looked like a virus but it worked when I pressed optimize. So I guess I fixed it.