Aio cooled gpus

Dragonaut

What are your thoughts on aio cooled gpus?

I really want one, but im a bit scared that if the pump dies the card is just unusable if i cant find a replacement.

There also is the issue of evaporation of the liquid. 

What is the life expectancy of the card vs air cooled?

4 minutes ago, Dragonaut said:

What are your thoughts on aio cooled gpus?

I really want one, but im a bit scared that if the pump dies the card is just unusable if i cant find a replacement.

There also is the issue of evaporation of the liquid. 

What is the life expectancy of the card vs air cooled?

I do use one, Alphacool Eiswolf2 for RTX3080

It works quite well, GPU temp max out at 65C with 25C+ ambient, the 360 rad explaining that

Got it since 1 year, pump is supposed to last 5 years+

If ever it breaks before I change my GPU (unlikely 🙂 ) I can still switch to making a full loop on my system (instead of 2) cause I have an external pump and res for my CPU, and Alphacool stuff uses QR connectors in the middle of the tubes to allow for that, that's cool !

Only con is price, 250EUR (block with pump+ 360 rad and fans), so reserved for stupidly expensive GPUs 😉 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

25 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

I do use one, Alphacool Eiswolf2 for RTX3080

It works quite well, GPU temp max out at 65C with 25C+ ambient, the 360 rad explaining that

Got it since 1 year, pump is supposed to last 5 years+

If ever it breaks before I change my GPU (unlikely 🙂 ) I can still switch to making a full loop on my system (instead of 2) cause I have an external pump and res for my CPU, and Alphacool stuff uses QR connectors in the middle of the tubes to allow for that, that's cool !

Only con is price, 250EUR (block with pump+ 360 rad and fans), so reserved for stupidly expensive GPUs 😉 

Ojey, so expensive then to replace anything, but i guess i have 5 years warranty anyway.

Im considering buying the 6950xt  toxic LE as it is priced the same as all the cheapest 6950xts for some reason🤷‍♂️ but im waiting for black week to see is there are further price cuts.

Im also considering rdna 3 but im waiting to see pricing in my region, also im unsure if there will be early adoption issues with the new arcitecture.

Nvidia has priced themselfs out for me, i can get 6950xt for the same price as a 3080.

30 minutes ago, Dragonaut said:

Ojey, so expensive then to replace anything, but i guess i have 5 years warranty anyway.

Im considering buying the 6950xt  toxic LE as it is priced the same as all the cheapest 6950xts for some reason🤷‍♂️ but im waiting for black week to see is there are further price cuts.

Im also considering rdna 3 but im waiting to see pricing in my region, also im unsure if there will be early adoption issues with the new arcitecture.

Nvidia has priced themselfs out for me, i can get 6950xt for the same price as a 3080.

Well, now indeed the 6900XT and 6950XT are good picks

But "integrated" AIOs with cards are more risky, as you won't be able to replace any part easily, with an aftermarket modular one I can replace only the block if the pump fails..

I'd still wait 1 month for 7900XT/XTX tho if you're on hi end stuff

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

I have a AIO GPU, the 1080 waterforce from Gigabyte, been folding most of it's life, bought 4 years ago, under full load I see 2050 mhz and 56C temps... so i don't see a massive issue with them 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240