Relatively safe, android emulator with good compatibility on AMD?

Poraf

Looking for an android emulator primarily for games that's most relatively safe-ish, it seems no matter where I look there's always someone with X issue with Y emulator. Also with good AMD CPU/GPU compatibility. I don't really play anything too demanding on emulators, mostly just casual and gacha games. Currently, I'm using Mumu Emulator, and so far I've had little problems (except for the occasional stutters ever since I tried switching to OpenGL and back to DirectX modes). The only reason I want to switch is because Nikke isn't supported on Mumu, (ridiculous I know) and they want you to update to Mumu X which they admittedly say have poor AMD compatibility.

I used to have Bluestacks but I have bad performance issues on Bluestacks, presumably also poor AMD compatibility.

And I can't use Google Play's emulator beta since their installation process currently doesn't allow you to change the installation path and requires 10GB of free space on the C: drive and I don't have space yet.

I'm just looking for something that doesn't have too much bloat and won't try to mine crypto on my PC.

52 minutes ago, Caroline said:

A VM with Android x86?

I could use a qemu/kvm VM, but I couldn't find any.  No, not an x86 one ...  Nothing that would have to run on it would run, would it?

Sorry, I have no idea how to set up a VM or where to get one, and I think I read somewhere that they don't particularly handle games very well? Correct me if I am wrong though.

• 1 month later...

This one was definitely not made with gaming in mind, but Android Studio does include an emulator, for ARM, IA-32, ARM64, and amd64 architectures. The ARM64 architecture emulation is not good, it's actually quite bad. The IA-32 and amd64 architectures work pretty well, and the ARM architecture. However, I have issues with getting Android 4.0 (API level 14) and below to work at all in this emulator. Android 4.0.3 (API level 15) and above do actually work. Some apps have issues with this particular emulator. At the very least, it definitely isn't what I would call sketchy, but it is simply not very good. It does work on AMD though. So thought it was worth mentioning.

This emulator was intended to be used to users to code their apps in the IDE, and then test them on specific developer devices (like the Motorola Xoom, which I actually have). Honestly, you are better off asking someone to make a fork of Ryujinx made to run Android, or just buy some old Android devices if you need old versions of Android.

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2022 at 7:04 PM, Poraf said:

Looking for an android emulator primarily for games that's most relatively safe-ish, it seems no matter where I look there's always someone with X issue with Y emulator. Also with good AMD CPU/GPU compatibility. I don't really play anything too demanding on emulators, mostly just casual and gacha games. Currently, I'm using Mumu Emulator, and so far I've had little problems (except for the occasional stutters ever since I tried switching to OpenGL and back to DirectX modes). The only reason I want to switch is because Nikke isn't supported on Mumu, (ridiculous I know) and they want you to update to Mumu X which they admittedly say have poor AMD compatibility.

I used to have Bluestacks but I have bad performance issues on Bluestacks, presumably also poor AMD compatibility.

And I can't use Google Play's emulator beta since their installation process currently doesn't allow you to change the installation path and requires 10GB of free space on the C: drive and I don't have space yet.

I'm just looking for something that doesn't have too much bloat and won't try to mine crypto on my PC.

Try Gameloop, after I had some trouble with Bluestacks I never had problems since, but not sure if its compatible with AMD.