Arctic cooler Idle temps

Naitshdw
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
22 hours ago, Naitshdw said:

Just to be sure then. My temps are fine then? or should i re-apply thermal paste / adjust fan curves  other things?

@helgehelge123@WoodenMarker

Temps are fine and normal.

Hi, i have a i7 12700k at stock clock cooled with the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 and my idle temps are these Room temperatures is like 20-22°C. The fan speed should be like 50%ish. I saw online that with the same specs, temps should be around 22. Can be the fact that is not properly attached to the socket or that i used to little thermal paste?

temps.png

Temps on load (using cinebench multi-core test for 10min)look like this, (online i saw people getting 77-85 °C)

temps_load.png

Meanwhile HWInfo64 give me slightly diffent values sometimes 4-5°C less than HWMonitor

hwinfo.png

I don't think the Idle CPU will reach as low as 22°C in a 20-22°C room.
You can check your fan curves? maybe, the Case fans throttle down when the cpu is below x °C and that way your cpu idles quite high.

It could also be that you applied thermal paste wrong or just used bad paste, online tests most likely use one, reputable, good brand for all tests. Just try to reinstall the cpu block (maybe with new thermal paste).

How is your fan setup? Do the artic freezer fans get fresh air from the outside or use air from the case? (i had a thermometer in my case for some time and it was ~27°C.)

But what's the problem here? 76°C Max is perfectly fine when you expected 77-85°C. Even better with HWInfos lower temps. It's all good,isn't it?

Idle temps are often ~20c above ambient. Your temps are normal. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Idle temps are often ~20c above ambient. Your temps are normal. 

But the minimum Temps show 29 , 28 and 24°C, That's the idle temp. If they shoot up to 40ish, you could check your task manager, maybe some anti virus program is running without you knowing

On 11/10/2022 at 11:42 PM, helgehelge123 said:

I don't think the Idle CPU will reach as low as 22°C in a 20-22°C room.
You can check your fan curves? maybe, the Case fans throttle down when the cpu is below x °C and that way your cpu idles quite high.

It could also be that you applied thermal paste wrong or just used bad paste, online tests most likely use one, reputable, good brand for all tests. Just try to reinstall the cpu block (maybe with new thermal paste).

How is your fan setup? Do the artic freezer fans get fresh air from the outside or use air from the case? (i had a thermometer in my case for some time and it was ~27°C.)

But what's the problem here? 76°C Max is perfectly fine when you expected 77-85°C. Even better with HWInfos lower temps. It's all good,isn't it?

Fan curve in bios is always at 50% than 75 than 100 (thne normal perfomance or custom fan curves). The thermal paste i'm using is the thermal grizzly Kryonaut. the case get  a lot of fresh air from outside. I was just curious because it's the first time i use in my build and AIO.

10 hours ago, Naitshdw said:

Fan curve in bios is always at 50% than 75 than 100 (thne normal perfomance or custom fan curves). The thermal paste i'm using is the thermal grizzly Kryonaut. the case get  a lot of fresh air from outside. I was just curious because it's the first time i use in my build and AIO.

Do the CPU water block fans pull air from inside the case or get fresh air from the outside?

10 hours ago, helgehelge123 said:

Do the CPU water block fans pull air from inside the case or get fresh air from the outside?

Yes, it pulls the air from the case to the outside. I have 3 corsair ML fans on the front that take fresh air from outside

22 hours ago, Naitshdw said:

Just to be sure then. My temps are fine then? or should i re-apply thermal paste / adjust fan curves  other things?

@helgehelge123@WoodenMarker

Temps are fine and normal.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.