Onboard DVI doesn't work, vga and HDMI do.

I have juist build a new pc:

Asus z87-a

Intel i5 4670k

Corsair cx600m

The dvi port doesn't work. HDMI and vga work fine.

I have two acer p221w displays with dvi and vga on it.

One display is connected with an HDMI to dvi adapter and the second one I want be connected with dvi. Both screens work with my older pc and with the adapter.

Are you using a Discrete GPU or the onboard graphics? 

Use a GPU to get to the BIOS and check if onboard graphics is enabled

• Cooler Master Storm Enforcer
  • I7 3770K @ Stock
  • Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
  • AMD Radeon R9 290
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212+
  • 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 
  • 2x 1tb WD Green Drives (RAID 1)
  • 256gb Samsung 840
  • Peripherals
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Core
  • Ducky Shine 3 - Blue LED, Brown Switches
  • Samsung SyncMaster 2443
  • Custom Mousepad http://imgur.com/xJWASQM
  • Logitech G35
  • Altec Lansing Octane 7

Onboard graphics

Hmm, Try just using DVI, not an HDMI adapter. 

I can get to the bios using vga of HDMI. I am using hdmi to dvi for one screen and for the other on i use a direct dvi cable which now doesn't work

iGPU multi monitor is disabled should i enable it?

Also i noted that the dvi port on my old pc lis a bit different it has 4 more holes around the flat stripe. My monitor did work on that pc

Enabling iGPU multi monitor still doesn't help. My onboard graphics do work for vga and HDMI

I didn't set a resolution but my monitor is 1680x1050. It can handle it over HDMI.

Do HDMI and VGA work simultaneously? I've taken you saying that they both work as meaning that they both work if they're the only monitor plugged in. 

According to intel's site they do

Config. for indep. for 3 displays:

<strong>4th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors</strong></td><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#efefef"><strong>Display 1</strong></td><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#efefef"><strong>Display 2</strong></td><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#efefef"><strong>Display 3</strong></td><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#efefef"><strong>Max. Resolution Display 1</strong></td><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#efefef"><strong>Max. Resolution Display 2</strong></td><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#efefef"><strong>Max. Resolution Display 3</strong></td></tr><tr><td class="bodycopy" rowspan="2" bgcolor="#ffffff">U Processors</td><td class="bodycopy" rowspan="7" bgcolor="#ffffff">eDP/DP</td><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#ffffff">DP</td><td class="bodycopy" rowspan="6" bgcolor="#ffffff">DP</td><td class="bodycopy" rowspan="2" bgcolor="#ffffff">3200x2000@60Hz</td><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#ffffff">3200x2000@60Hz</td><td class="bodycopy" rowspan="2" bgcolor="#ffffff">3200x2000@60Hz</td></tr><tr><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#ffffff">HDMI</td><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#ffffff">4096x2304@24Hz</td></tr><tr><td class="bodycopy" rowspan="2" bgcolor="#ffffff">Y Processors</td><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#ffffff">DP</td><td class="bodycopy" rowspan="2" bgcolor="#ffffff">2560x1600@60Hz</td><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#ffffff">2560x1600@60Hz</td><td class="bodycopy" rowspan="2" bgcolor="#ffffff">2560x1600@60Hz</td></tr><tr><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#ffffff">HDMI</td><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#ffffff">4096x2304@24Hz</td></tr><tr><td class="bodycopy" rowspan="3" bgcolor="#ffffff">M, H, and Desktop Processors</td><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#ffffff">DP</td><td class="bodycopy" rowspan="2" bgcolor="#ffffff">3840x2160@60Hz</td><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#ffffff">3840x2160@60Hz</td><td class="bodycopy" rowspan="2" bgcolor="#ffffff">3840x2160@60Hz</td></tr><tr><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#ffffff">HDMI</td><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#ffffff">4096x2304@24Hz</td></tr><tr><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#ffffff">HDMI</td><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#ffffff">VGA</td><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#ffffff">2880x1800@60Hz</td><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#ffffff">4096x2304@24Hz</td><td class="bodycopy" bgcolor="#ffffff">1920x1200@60Hz</td>

OOPS wait till i fix the table :P

I wasn't asking if there were limitations, I was asking if OP if his specific ports work together. That'll tell us that multi-monitor setups do work on his PC, and there's a problem with either his DVI port, or his DVI cable.

Ok, If the 3rd is detected but doesn't display (on intel's conf. menu) decrease resolution on other monitors to 1366x768, restart and see if you can use it

PS: if I can ask, why are you using VGA when you've DP?

PS2: use quote function... Is really annoying to check if you've replied or not :P

If i only connect the dvi it still doesn't work so i dont think the probleem is too high resolution. I just wanted to test of vga works. I dont want to use it actually.

Do HDMI and VGA work simultaneously? I've taken you saying that they both work as meaning that they both work if they're the only monitor plugged in.

HDMI and vga work together at the same time.

According to intel's site they do

Config. for indep. for 3 displays:

Captura_zps812a54c6.png

I put a screenshot, IDK how to put HTML in a reply :S

Oh taking a look at the table I can't see DVI... maybe HDMI and DVI can't work together...

But also dvi only doesn't work

So DVI alone doesn't work? Maybe the cable is the problem

The cable did work with my old pc. Can it be the wrong type of cable?

So DVI alone doesn't work? Maybe the cable is the problem

Let's HOPE it's just the cable.

The only other things are the motherboard, and @bartbart333 you say that you have two monitors, do they both have DVI, and if so, does one work with it, but the other doesnt?

Let's HOPE it's just the cable.

The only other things are the motherboard, and @bartbart333 you say that you have two monitors, do they both have DVI, and if so, does one work with it, but the other doesnt?

Both monitors dont work over dvi and i used two different cables that are exactly the same

1. How old

2. was a forced position for it? ex.: bent position, this can break it

3. Exactly what cable is it; also don't plan it to work if its DVI-VGA; you've DVI-D on that MB

and like @0s4x said, does it work with other monitors?

Both monitors were bought together about 4-5 years ago. I use the cables that came with the monitors. No forced position and its a dvi to dvi cable. Is there a difference between dvi cables. Like dvi-i and dvi-d or something like that

Both monitors dont work over dvi and i used two different cables that are exactly the same

That narrows it right down to the motherboard, then. Either a faulty DVI port (which will require an RMA), or (hopefully) a setting. I know nothing about that motherboard, so I'm not going to be much help here. if any at all.

That narrows it right down to the motherboard, then. Either a faulty DVI port (which will require an RMA), or (hopefully) a setting. I know nothing about that motherboard, so I'm not going to be much help here. if any at all.

Can't it be an incompatible cable or monitor.

If it's a faulty DVI port you'd RMA...

I don't think monitors are the problem... (the chance of having broken DVI on all of them is almost impossible, and keep in mind that LCD are freaking expensive :P)

Well, you could try a different cable... also one more question: It does show the bios but not when booting? (try only DVI and enter the BIOS)

Nope no bios. I guess i have to send my MB back. Do i need to contact asus or the shop where i bought it? And is this covered by warranty?

His mb and monitor both have DVI-D, there should be no incompatibilities unless the monitor was strictly Dual Link, in which case he'll have to get DVI-D DL cables...

If it still on warranty contact your retailer, usually they give support for 2 years

The motherboard is like there weeks old but frist used two days ago.