Anybody mind helping me fix my high temps on my liquid cooled ryzen 7 5800x from a prebuilt

mrdio

https://www.amazon.com/HP-OMEN-30L-Desktop-AllyFlex/dp/B096DKRPCT/ref=sr_1_3?crid=B23ENN7EYKTH&keywords=rtx+3070+ti+ryzen+7+5800x+hp+omen&qid=1667930997&s=electronics&sprefix=rtx+3070+ti+ryzen+7+5800x+hp+omen%2Celectronics%2C113&sr=1-3

this is the computer i bought i get pretty bad tempatures sitting on the desktop its going up and down 50-65 

it would be cool if anyone can give any good coolers recommendations for this type of cpu or how i can even tell if the liquid cooler is on or not i dont know anything about cpu coolers 

What are the temps under load? Have you had the computer for long? Has it been cleaned and dusted out recently?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

i used the cpu-z stress test and got 84C, but get 90C just loading minecraft's game. I've had it for around 8-9 months and its sort of dusty but not much

8 minutes ago, mrdio said:

i used the cpu-z stress test and got 84C, but get 90C just loading minecraft's game. I've had it for around 8-9 months and its sort of dusty but not much

Sounds pretty normal, it's got a 120mm AIO cooler and Ryzen 5000 chips can get warm on idle and load. Try running Cinebench and check your temps, even at 95 it's still "according to spec" but may throttle a little. On all core loads it should stay below that. Loading up your game probably won't load all cores to 100%, so that allows the cpu to use higher voltage and boost clocks on the cores that need it, which get you higher temperatures but should be nothing to worry about.

what does these temps mean for the longevity of my pc I want it to last very long

2 minutes ago, mrdio said:

what does these temps mean for the longevity of my pc I want it to last very long

Not much really. It will just run slower to stay in safe temps

18 minutes ago, mrdio said:

Zen3:

mxhHUC7G57c7vpejwKZyXf.jpg

Robert Hallock - (former) Director of Technical Marketing for AMD:

Yes. I want to be clear with everyone that AMD views temps up to 90C (5800X/5900X/5950X) and 95C (5600X) as typical and by design for full load conditions. Having a higher maximum temperature supported by the silicon and firmware allows the CPU to pursue higher and longer boost performance before the algorithm pulls back for thermal reasons

Throw the case away and get one that wasn't designed by the drunken dropout from Joe Bob's School of Engineering. There's literally no intake. That poor little lonely 120mm fan is trying to suck air through glass, which isn't exactly a permeable medium.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 hour ago, mrdio said:

The temps are within spec so the CPU will probably last longer than you need it to.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you want to reduce your CPU temp switch to a quality air cooling solution.

If you don't understand why air coolers are more effective at cooling then google "heat exchanger approach temperature"

Q = U×A×ΔT

^^^If you understand this equation you will understand why air coolers are superior.

On 11/8/2022 at 12:17 PM, mrdio said:

https://www.amazon.com/HP-OMEN-30L-Desktop-AllyFlex/dp/B096DKRPCT/ref=sr_1_3?crid=B23ENN7EYKTH&keywords=rtx+3070+ti+ryzen+7+5800x+hp+omen&qid=1667930997&s=electronics&sprefix=rtx+3070+ti+ryzen+7+5800x+hp+omen%2Celectronics%2C113&sr=1-3

this is the computer i bought i get pretty bad tempatures sitting on the desktop its going up and down 50-65 

it would be cool if anyone can give any good coolers recommendations for this type of cpu or how i can even tell if the liquid cooler is on or not i dont know anything about cpu coolers 

Uhh because that case is hotter than the deepest chasms of hell? It has NO INTAKE. Transplant the whole thing into the Corsair 4000d airflow, Lian Li Lancool II, Fractal Pop Air, NZXT H5 flow, etc.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface