Best headset under/around 150€

Upgrading my headset from steelseries siberia v3. I have thought of many options, Soundcore space Q45, Hyperx Flight S, Hyperx cloud alpha.

Will mostly use it for gaming and listening to music on my pc.

It can be wired if it has better qualities for a much cheaper price.    (It being wireless isn't the most important tbh, but since my wireless earbuds are also quite old now, I thought why not make a combined purchase)

I have also thought about getting the mic and headphones separately, but feel that might be a bit over my budget.  (if you have any suggestions, please give them, even if their over my budget)

All suggestions and help will be much appreciated.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

54 minutes ago, Purps said:

Upgrading my headset from steelseries siberia v3. I have thought of many options, Soundcore space Q45, Hyperx Flight S, Hyperx cloud alpha.

Will mostly use it for gaming and listening to music on my pc.

It can be wired if it has better qualities for a much cheaper price.    (It being wireless isn't the most important tbh, but since my wireless earbuds are also quite old now, I thought why not make a combined purchase)

I have also thought about getting the mic and headphones separately, but feel that might be a bit over my budget.  (if you have any suggestions, please give them, even if their over my budget)

All suggestions and help will be much appreciated.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I would get a modmic and a shure srh440/840

Oh boy, you've really opened a big can of worms.

There is no one or two answers, because everyone is different.

For gaming especially, depending on the type of game, wired is better because of the latency inherit in wireless and bluetooth. 

In music, not so much, unless your constantly looking at the singers mouth and find the difference disconcerting.

The most important thing is to get a pair that you find comfortable, because what you find comfortable may not what I find so, and its YOUR head their going to be on for a period of time.

If you play games for long periods of time overall good quality gaming earphones usually provide for the best experience and they also come with built-in mics for P2P gaming.

If you listen mainly to music and only occasionally play games, there are earphones that are more designed for that purpose.

But, the bottom line is for the best results, go and try as many as you can before making a decision and don't allow anyone to tell you "this is the best".

A good article to read beforehand is:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/thehub/headphones-and-earphones-how-to-choose

They explain the differences in types and the why's and the wherefores without recommending a brand in particular.

The Virtuoso from Corsair as I say with time, still stands to be about the best gaming oriented headset CONSIDERING MIC primarily. Its mic is close to that of a half decent USB boom mic as the TPU review has shown so.

However, another option would be simply picking up a pair of headphones with something like a Marantz USB boom mic. That would also work, in fact, a bit better IMO.

https://www.thediscdjstore.com/marantz-mpm-2000u.html

You'll need a boom arm with this. As a side note, I personally prefer a vocal / stage mic directed at my mouth even with PC Discord usage. Marantz makes one of these (USB vocal) as well. It hinders unwanted outer noises the best. You might need some isolation with the above mic, like if you have a loud keyboard and don't want others to hear it.

Cooler Master MH752

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)