confiuration for games , cyber security and making some amateur videos

fred82

Budget (including currency):聽2000 or 3000 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:

Hello guys. I owuld play Some games like COD i don't mind keep 1440p since it is very fine for me 馃檪聽i will take VR in a year i guess (five years i work only on laptops)

I am working in cyber securty field . I need to make server and also i will need to run three VMs (for analyzing malware mostly but also threat intel).

Of course memory is important for me 馃檪

one specific of my job (except doing VMs and server) is that i need many network cards

my laptoop i have for three years now is good but starts to be too limited with i猫 2GhZ 16 GO only and i will use only when i go out聽

for software using IDA for malware aanalysis for exemple but probably i would use it to help my son to start making his video game videos (on youtube)聽

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):聽

I already have nce curved screen 27 inches only but 165Hz 1440p which is enough for me but i iwll up to 32 soon

I am going to get a router , many security equipments but i need many network cards聽

thank you 馃檪

PS: very funny part: i hardly could even take a decision for the keyboard 馃槃聽i am hard to decide 馃槈

You might find a nice workstation with two CPUs in it and a server to run your VMs on on ebay for good prices.聽 The workstations tend to have a useful number of PCI slots, and you can put network cards into your server that support being passed through to the VMs.

2 hours ago, heimdali said:

You might find a nice workstation with two CPUs in it and a server to run your VMs on on ebay for good prices.聽 The workstations tend to have a useful number of PCI slots, and you can put network cards into your server that support being passed through to the VMs.

thx @heimdali

hard decisions

i could take PS5 for games use laptop for video editing and as u say for the plateform. i was goign to buy an old computer anyway for some detonation

maybe i wanted to know if some people here are in cyber and have already something that they like聽

thx anyway