Pfsense and parsec

cr0zzb0w

Hey all..

Im setting up a pfsense box for our small office (team of around 8 people who mostly work from home) and am having some issues getting parsec to work and negotiate the connection correctly. 

We have a consumer router with OpenWRT installed at the moment and the main reason we are forced to get a pfsense box is that we are going to have two WAN connections and need a way of load balancing them. Also a retired dual xeon system with some 10gig cards would be appropriate to load balance 2 X 2gb fiber connections. Also the work-from-home guys all have fiber but as always not all fiber is equal.

Does any of you have some experience configuring parsec to work well with pfsense. I tried a lot of reddit tips and tricks but am still having issues getting a 100% connection rate. It works for some and not for others.. Yes, zerotier works but it adds a shit load of lag that defeats the purpose of having parsec with good fiber.

I'm not an IT administrator but someone who keeps the place running. Please, whatever tips you might have is greatly welcome.. Also I know LTT also uses parsec so if Jake or Anthony has some “tips”, it would really make our day… 

Thanks in advance