Core P8 Dual Loop Plan Tips

I'm planning out a custom hardline cooling dual loop for my pc, its a Thermaltake Core P8 full tower, so plenty of space. I've never done water cooling before so i just wanted to check peoples wisdom on my plan.

My main focus is aesthetics, but im well aware that a 480 and 360 rad are overkill so function shouldn't be hindered. Im running a 5800x and a ichill 3090, my fans are corsair ql120, in this config there would be 17 total.

And I know TT says you cant fit a 480mm rad at the top, but ive seen people do it, you just need to mount the front fans in front of the front mount plate and not have 4 fans mounted on the side (thus i go with 3).

It was hard to draw in my plan, but the 360mm rad will mount on the backside of the back plate, with fans on the front exhausting out of the case, than a EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 mounted in from of the fans. The red arrows show the fan direction.

I haven't yet decided on what exact distro plate i want to use (recommendations would be nice, needs to be like 130mm wide max, the L shaped TT one for the P5 is impossible to find), I would go with a 2nd tube pump there but i fear it might bump into the gpu (especially if i upgrade to a 4090 or something). Im not too sure on how to wire up (tube up) a distro plate, i know theyre usually made for cpu and gpu, but i want it just for gpu.

Any advice at all is welcome.

And before you say "this is too complicated for your first time", its fine, i know the risks but i know i can work it out eventually.

PC Dual Loop Plan.PNG

Ngl this case seems like an overpriced junker just like any of the rest of the TT P series open design cases, I used a P3 previously and it was a dust nightmare. You want a case with proper filtering, and no fully closed glass front like that. Also, this kind of negative airflow won't lead towards the best performance.

My suggestion would be knocking it down to a single loop with a different case, if you ask my honest opinion. TT P series make good open bench cases, beyond that, not much.

wc gpus are shorter, smaller and thinner even a 4090...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

17 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Ngl this case seems like an overpriced junker just like any of the rest of the TT P series open design cases, I used a P3 previously and it was a dust nightmare. You want a case with proper filtering, and no fully closed glass front like that. Also, this kind of negative airflow won't lead towards the best performance.

My suggestion would be knocking it down to a single loop with a different case, if you ask my honest opinion. TT P series make good open bench cases, beyond that, not much.

;( dont say that about a case ive already got lol, but im really happy with it, the front isnt fully closed, its got roughly a 1 inch wide gap that runs the whole way up on both sides. When i move those front fans to the outside ill be able to put one of the filters in behind them.

Why is it negative airflow? Ive got 10 fans on intake and 7 on exhaust.

20221018_174916.jpg

12 minutes ago, servoguy said:

;( dont say that about a case ive already got lol, but im really happy with it, the front isnt fully closed, its got roughly a 1 inch wide gap that runs the whole way up on both sides. When i move those front fans to the outside ill be able to put one of the filters in behind them.

Why is it negative airflow? Ive got 10 fans on intake and 7 on exhaust.

20221018_174916.jpg

you could do a bottom intake and out the top that be better for air flow but w/e you do it probly will be fine. the front dose block air flow no way around that fact even with the sides open. something like 5c hotter but it dose have fans on the bottom so should be fine imo and you already have that case haha

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

The diagram you painted on the original post shows negative airflow.

I'd keep this case for an overkill secondary PC tbh, and grab a cheaper tower if you want it big. Something actually good for the cash. New case + single loop will still cost less than old case + dual loop anyway lol. This case is counter-productive in various ways, it's a dust hog and it is limiting in front airflow.