Windows Activation Error (0x80070426)

Computernaut

A built a new PC about a month ago and installed Windows onto the new boot drive (using a bootable USB made with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool). I have a product key, but I am not able to enter it as the activation page for windows simply says "We can't reach a critical Windows service. Make sure you're connected to the Internet, wait a few minutes, and try activating again.   Error code: 0x80070426"

Nothing I'm doing seems to work. I've tried a various ways of deactivating and reactivating a number of services and such, as that seemed to be a common theme among the solutions I found online, but that didn't help.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

51 minutes ago, Computernaut said:

A built a new PC about a month ago and installed Windows onto the new boot drive (using a bootable USB made with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool). I have a product key, but I am not able to enter it as the activation page for windows simply says "We can't reach a critical Windows service. Make sure you're connected to the Internet, wait a few minutes, and try activating again.   Error code: 0x80070426"

Nothing I'm doing seems to work. I've tried a various ways of deactivating and reactivating a number of services and such, as that seemed to be a common theme among the solutions I found online, but that didn't help.

Install without the code, make sure all drivers are installed/updated and THEN try to do the activation.

Just make sure you install the right version of Windows for the code, as it will ask you which version to install if you install without a code.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

1 hour ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Install without the code, make sure all drivers are installed/updated and THEN try to do the activation.

Just make sure you install the right version of Windows for the code, as it will ask you which version to install if you install without a code.

Windows is already installed with all applicable drivers and such. That's not the issue. The issue is that, though the OS knows it's not activated and complains about it, going into the activation tab in Settings yields and aforementioned error.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.