i7 4790k + asus z97 pro gamer + 2x8 gb ram ddr3 1866mhz kingston hyperx fury blue max bus?

hi, i want to know wich is the max ddr3 bus mhz speed that my cpu and ram and mobo supports?, i tried 2133mhz ddr3 with that build and i was gaming and i think everything was ok?, i enter the bios and i can set the ddr3 bus speed and i need to know the max i can set without having any kind of issue/performance/stability what ever, cause i want to play heavy games

Check thaiphoon burner for ram ic type if you cant just take off the heatsink

if its hynix then youve got some pretty good sticks that should do 3000+

If its anything else itll still be half decent so you can expect upper 2000s in freq aside from elpida and psc 4gbits those ics are trash but unlikely on your ram bin

You can send a thaiphoon burner screenshot to help verify ic

19 minutes ago, xXAXONXx said:

i need to know the max i can set without having any kind of issue/performance/stability what ever

That varies per ram ic but are you running 8gb or 16gb ram? If you run 16gb then you are running dual rank instead of single rank, they likely wont go above 2666 cause imc (brute forcing volt my work, max safe 1.45v vccsa/io and vcore) but dual rank has ~30% more bandwidth vs single rank so itll crush 3000+ single rank

2 hours ago, NF-A12x25 said:

You should be able to set any XMP speed supported by the RAM.

but remember my ram is 2x8 ddr3 1866 fury hyper x kingston blue, will i have some kind of issue?, cause i can set it to 2800mhz more or less

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Check thaiphoon burner for ram ic type if you cant just take off the heatsink

if its hynix then youve got some pretty good sticks that should do 3000+

If its anything else itll still be half decent so you can expect upper 2000s in freq aside from elpida and psc 4gbits those ics are trash but unlikely on your ram bin

You can send a thaiphoon burner screenshot to help verify ic

That varies per ram ic but are you running 8gb or 16gb ram? If you run 16gb then you are running dual rank instead of single rank, they likely wont go above 2666 cause imc (brute forcing volt my work, max safe 1.45v vccsa/io and vcore) but dual rank has ~30% more bandwidth vs single rank so itll crush 3000+ single rank

i dont get your message, i have 2 slots of 8 gb ram, so dual chanel 16

If you can set it higher than its rating and it actually runs, thats on you to test it for stability. 
We cant tell you where that is. Its gonna need voltage and timing to do anything, not gonna see much perfomance overall given the cpu.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

15 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

If you can set it higher than its rating and it actually runs, thats on you to test it for stability. 
We cant tell you where that is. Its gonna need voltage and timing to do anything, not gonna see much perfomance overall given the cpu.

mm do you think if i set to 2400mhz i will have no issues? i want for gaming

18 minutes ago, xXAXONXx said:

mm do you think if i set to 2400mhz i will have no issues? i want for gaming

No idea. Like I said, you need to see if its gonna post. If it does, you check stability. If its works then you clearly dont have any issues.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

23 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

No idea. Like I said, you need to see if its gonna post. If it does, you check stability. If its works then you clearly dont have any issues.

how do i know if stability is fine

17 minutes ago, xXAXONXx said:

It runs.

6 hours ago, xXAXONXx said:

Do a memtest and some benchmarking. If it doesnt crash or error out its good.

Also for gaming there is basically not a single difference between you 1866mhz and 2800mhz ram as your cpu just doesnt take advantage of it

13 hours ago, jaslion said:

Also for gaming there is basically not a single difference between you 1866mhz and 2800mhz ram as your cpu just doesnt take advantage of it

tell me how to do memtest im noob, step by step and wich program should i use?

15 hours ago, xXAXONXx said:

tell me how to do memtest im noob, step by step and wich program should i use?

memtest86 and follow the guide on their website

On 11/3/2022 at 4:44 AM, jaslion said:

ok i didnt used memtest but i was playing terminator resistance i put ram to 2133mhz and everything is good, well terminator gave me 3 times an issue with a window error idk what causes this but i was playing well, i think 2133mhz is enought