Transferring windows from HDD to SSD

BurntNewt

So ive been trying to transfer my HDD with windows to my ssd and i used macrium reflect to clone the drive however it kept failing then i tried aeoli to clone the disk and it worked however it still wont boot and it gives me this image (attatched below) whenever i try and boot from the ssd. Im not quite sure what im doing wrong or how to fix this issue, the hdd and ssd are the same size.

image.png

That error is a catastrophic fault/stop. Macrium simply detected the problem earlier. 

Almost certainly hardware related and likely due to an issue with the target SSD.

Resolving it is trickier. Plugging the SSD into another computer, formatting it running crystal disk info might show you if there's a SMART error. Or use a Linux boot diagnostics tool to do a,diagnostics on that drive.

i had a super similar problem, it was fixed for me by changing the BBS boot order in BIOS.

But, i didn't get this specific error and my macrium clone went without a hitch, so it was pretty weird... Id still give this a try and if it's still not working might as well be a faulty drive.

On 11/3/2022 at 2:43 AM, wseaton said:

That error is a catastrophic fault/stop. Macrium simply detected the problem earlier

as said i didn't have that specific error,  it just put me in the recovery menu.

i think what happened is another drive had some windows files on it and that tripped the whole thing... 

could it be something similar here?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer