good mining cards???

Go to solution Solved by DoubleY,

im not planning on mining bit coin or any of the big ones im hoping to mine some easy worthless coins and maybe in a few months to a year it will be worth something if not no big deal.

Something like a R9 270X and up are all good mining cards. All yeild pretty good KH/$/Power. I haven't been following what the best mining card is recently, but @AK0490 might know. 

I made a post aking about mining and said my card was a hd 6850 and bassically I found out it would be essentially useless what would a good card for mining be? my max price is 250$ i dont mind getting last gen or what ever or even used. would a dual gpu amd ccard be good? if i could find a 6990? just looking for something I coud mine with on the cheap cheaper is better. and some one said something about dark coin is there a guiminer for dark coin?

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

Save it, Mining is too hard to do now unless you have huge rigs

? Even then it's ridiculously hard. I had a 2.3 MH/s rig and it still only made like $100 per month 

im not planning on mining bit coin or any of the big ones im hoping to mine some easy worthless coins and maybe in a few months to a year it will be worth something if not no big deal.

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

Something like a R9 270X and up are all good mining cards. All yeild pretty good KH/$/Power. I haven't been following what the best mining card is recently, but @AK0490 might know. 

One of the best is probably the 280X.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

thanks guys

EBAY EBAY EBAY!!!  7970/280x is my personal favorite. For $250 you can get one no problem, I'm getting awfully tempted to pick up a few more myself.

If you want help with setting up Darkcoin just let me know. There is no GUIminer, but it's really not that complicated.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

EBAY EBAY EBAY!!!  7970/280x is my personal favorite. For $250 you can get one no problem, I'm getting awfully tempted to pick up a few more myself.

If you want help with setting up Darkcoin just let me know. There is no GUIminer, but it's really not that complicated.

thanks man when i get around to it ill be sure to ask!

? Even then it's ridiculously hard. I had a 2.3 MH/s rig and it still only made like $100 per month 

See that's something I don't get, 100 dollars to me is alot.. all you doing is running a program while you sleep, eat, and such... 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

See that's something I don't get, 100 dollars to me is alot.. all you doing is running a program while you sleep, eat, and such... 

Yes, but that's every month. From mining I used to be around the $1500/month region. But because of the HUGE difficulty increase (and the fact that I've been slowly exiting the game) my profitability has been going down the drain. 

Yes, but that's every month. From mining I used to be around the $1500/month region. But because of the HUGE difficulty increase (and the fact that I've been slowly exiting the game) my profitability has been going down the drain. 

It was, 1,500 a month... 1,500 a month.... wow.. is there a chance this could come back?

It was, 1,500 a month... 1,500 a month.... wow.. is there a chance this could come back?

I doubt it. We would need a new type of algorithm and a new popular coin for that kind of probability to happen. You want to get in early, and mine a lot of the coins. Then when it becomes semi-big, you dump all of your coins. 

I doubt it. We would need a new type of algorithm and a new popular coin for that kind of probability to happen. You want to get in early, and mine a lot of the coins. Then when it becomes semi-big, you dump all of your coins. 

What did you do with all those coins? You have a MONSTER pc now?

What did you do with all those coins? You have a MONSTER pc now?

Nope. Still paying off my investment. I still have 3 mining cards and a few motherboards and a few SSD's and a few PSU's lying around doing nothing. 

My PC still just has an i7 with a 780

Nope. Still paying off my investment. I still have 3 mining cards and a few motherboards and a few SSD's and a few PSU's lying around doing nothing. 

My PC still just has an i7 with a 780

Well, if you ever want to sell or 'give' *cough bday tomorrow cough* hit me up matey.

Well, if you ever want to sell or 'give' *cough bday tomorrow cough* hit me up matey.

Haha I will think about it :P 

Haha I will think about it :P

Ok.. thanks either way

I was checking out ebay and there were a couple 7950's for $50 or $100, probably used for mining heavily, but still, thats only $50

Main rig: Coursair Air 540, Amd 8120(stock clock, had it up to 4.6), Gigabyte 990 fx ud3,  MSI DCU2 r9 280x, seasonic 1000w platinum, Samsung 830 64 GB ssd, Seagate 1tb, 4 GB (2x2) G.Skill, 

Secondary: Define r4, Amd A10 5800k(4.6), 1x Sapphire 7950, MSI FM2-A85xa, 8 GB coursair vengeance ram, Seasonic 1250w Gold, 500GB 840 Evo, 223GB 2.5 Hdd, 80 Gb Seasonic, Samsung CD/dvd