Can't join a Minecraft Server

Privat344

I hope i posted this in the correct here... I think Servers and NAS is correct but I am not sure...

So I created a VM in Oracle cloud free tier, allowed the ports 25565 on UDP and TCP. Idk why i cannot join, the only thing that displays after a while is "Connection times out: no further information"...

I am connected to the Internet and looked on the VM that the server is running...

Does anyone know a way to connect to the server? Am I doing something wrong?

1 hour ago, Privat344 said:

I hope i posted this in the correct here... I think Servers and NAS is correct but I am not sure...

So I created a VM in Oracle cloud free tier, allowed the ports 25565 on UDP and TCP. Idk why i cannot join, the only thing that displays after a while is "Connection times out: no further information"...

I am connected to the Internet and looked on the VM that the server is running...

Does anyone know a way to connect to the server? Am I doing something wrong?

Oracle offers free VMs!?  Cooool.  Do any other folks also do it?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

15 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Oracle offers free VMs!?  Cooool.  Do any other folks also do it?

it's extremely basic ARM boxes.

on topic:

can you see the connection coming in on the server log?

2 hours ago, manikyath said:

it's extremely basic ARM boxes.

on topic:

can you see the connection coming in on the server log?

I know a person that might still be useful to.  He’s a Pi fan.  Has a mess of them and some beaglebones and other stuff.   They’re his fastest machines.  I offered to do a bare metal VM on my 12700 because I wouldn’t have much use for my ecores anyway and was going to split the thing 6 pcores and 2pcores 4ecores.  Also a 500g SSD I had spare. I’ve got 32gb of memory, so there was some room that way too.  I don’t need more than half of it atm.  He’d have to run an emulator on top of that to make an arm box, but I thought such a thing might still be usable.  He was luke warm at best.  This might explain it. 

my *nix Chops are old and were never strong even then.  Telnet isn’t even remotely secure anymore, but there are some versions of SSH that still are. (Not all or even most, but some)   Might be able to use one of those.  VNS might be another one.  When I learned shells I learned KORN so not even my bash is much good 😕

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.