Label Created

Thomas A. Fine

I received notice that my screwdriver shipped on Saturday (YAY!).  But here it is Thursday and I'm not past the "Label Created" phase.  Is this just a reporting error or is this a case of trying to reassure your customers that their stuff is on the way, before it actually is?  If the latter, don't do that.  I associate long delays between "label created" and actual shipment with dodgy overseas outlets, and I don't think LTT wants that rep.

(Also wizmo site that I go to before I look at the UPS site frequently loads with an error and has to be reloaded multiple times before it shows the status.)

Editing to add: I'm in Wave 2, due to ship 10/30, and would have been happy as a clam to hear nothing until then.

Label created isn't some scheme. it literally means just that, they printed the label. It is an automatic process in tracking that happens when the shipping label is created.

If your question is answered, mark it so.  | It's probably just coil whine, and it is probably just fine |   LTT Movie Club!

Read the docs. If they don't exist, write them. | Professional Thread Derailer

Desktop: i7-8700K, RTX 2080, 16G 3200Mhz, EndeavourOS(host), win10 (VFIO), Fedora(VFIO)

Server: ryzen 9 5900x, GTX 970, 64G 3200Mhz, Unraid.

25 minutes ago, Takumidesh said:

Label created isn't some scheme. it literally means just that, they printed the label. It is an automatic process in tracking that happens when the shipping label is created.

I understand what it means, but it also implies "we're about to ship this."  If an order sits at "label created" for a day (or even over a weekend) that's fine.  If they pack it up, and process the paperwork for the order on Friday, it might not be picked up by the shipper until Monday.  No problem.  But if they put in the paperwork on Friday and six days later it hasn't actually shipped, then they shouldn't have sent the email telling me it shipped.  They could even create the paperwork a week early, but just not email me about it until it physically ships.

11 minutes ago, Thomas A. Fine said:

They could even create the paperwork a week early, but just not email me about it until it physically ships.

Ah yes, stop an automated system because someone is impatient. If they're bulk shipping things it would make sense that it could take a while to print labels and label an entire pallet or two of screwdrivers.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 hours ago, Thomas A. Fine said:

I received notice that my screwdriver shipped on Saturday (YAY!).  But here it is Thursday and I'm not past the "Label Created" phase.  Is this just a reporting error or is this a case of trying to reassure your customers that their stuff is on the way, before it actually is?  If the latter, don't do that.  I associate long delays between "label created" and actual shipment with dodgy overseas outlets, and I don't think LTT wants that rep.

(Also wizmo site that I go to before I look at the UPS site frequently loads with an error and has to be reloaded multiple times before it shows the status.)

Editing to add: I'm in Wave 2, due to ship 10/30, and would have been happy as a clam to hear nothing until then.

I hope I'm wrong, but please expect delays. I'm in wave one, order 360xxx and it was supposed to ship from the warehouse by the 20th October. I'll try to bullet how it's gone so far for me.

- A label for me was printed on the 16th (17th for me) and Wizmo reported that they had received shipment data.
 - There were no further updates at all until the 21st (22nd for me) from Wizmo saying they had received the item.
 - On the 24th (25th for me) the item departed from Wizmo and this is currently where I'm at.

Hopefully DHL can confirm that it's on its' way over the pond soon, but I think it depends on where you're located as to how long it's going to take to get yours. There are plenty of people in Wave 1 several thousand orders after me that already have theirs as they're in the North America region.

Good luck with your wait but have confidence that you'll certainly get it as promised, even if it takes another 4-6 weeks.

I want to clarify that I'm not here complaining about the wait.  It comes when it comes, and no sweat (for me, in this case).  I'm just trying to give feedback on a practice I see online sometimes that I think is a bad idea — telling people a thing has shipped when it hasn't shipped.  And I think LTT Store would be better off not doing that.

I’m in the same wave. Label created Oct 23 and not shipped.

I have the same pet peeve and have been burned many times by online sellers. Creates a shipping label within 24 hours, then doesn’t ship for a month. 

Reminds me of my time working McDonald’s drive through. Orders appear on a computer screen throughout the kitchen. As the order sits unfulfilled, the screen color slowly changes to a scary red after about 6 mins. During a lunch rush, the screen is typically all red.
At the end of the day, average times are sent to corporate. They pit local stores against each other for manager prizes.

You can guess where this story is going.  A manager decides to cheat and clear the orders from the computer early, leaving the staff guessing the orders or working from paper. Ugh. Bad memories

Shipped ~1 week after the “shipment is on the way” email was sent.

CE7205E6-0E1C-4174-9E35-25F8B3987463.jpeg

Same.  Mine is in Tacoma.

Again, no problem with this length of wait time, I knew when I ordered that it was backordered and this is on par with my expectations.  Just misleading to tell me it was shipped nine days before it was actually shipped.

tom

I've ordered from the LTT store 3 times. Each time I would get a "label created" notification and then nothing. Then it would just show up with no updates. Hopefully they fix it one day. 

Limited sample size, but for 2/2 orders it's been about 3 business days between "label created" and next status.

I think it's been covered but from my experience shipping in the US. Label created status usually means it's packed and ready to be picked up by the carrier at which point LTT is waiting on a business partner. Usually we got pickups daily but only got a next status update when they scanned in at the carrier warehouse. Next steps would vary greatly. From the context  an "omnichannel" distributor so a lot of our shipments were local so the next stop usually pretty close by design but when that wasn't the case it would sit in that status for a while until it got to the carriers distribution hub. Not to shill for LMG but from my limited experience I take "label created" as the sender did their work for pickup and it's either sitting on a dock or somewhere in transit to the next scan from the carrier and more on the carriers plate to pick up the shipment and scan it in somewhere. 

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d | CPU Cooler Deepcool Castle 360EX | Motherboard MSI X570 A-Pro  | GPU MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio  | RAM 32 GB GSkill Trident Z 3600 MHz Cas 16 | Case Phanteks Eclipse P600S | PSU Seasonic Focus Plus 850W Gold | Storage WD Black SN850 1TB / WD Black SN750 2TB / WD Blue 2.5" SATA SSD 2TB

Update: it arrived yesterday!

It did take a really long time to come.

Firm, rigidly built.

Good, stiff, hard shaft.

Satisfying to hold.

Can't stop playing with it.

Re the bit holder: I can't always get it up on the first try.

Can't wait to start screwing.

• 2 weeks later...