Gamma calibration Windows vs browser

DSD27

I have gamma perfectly calibrated through Windows Calibration tool. But every gamma calibrating website, with test images, say that I have around 1.9 to 2.1 gamma.

Does this mean that my monitor a gamma different from 2.2, Windows automatically detects that and sets the calibration tool to match it? Or there is a problem with the browsers?

The monitor is Asus VG27WQ.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

6 hours ago, Thomas4 said:

For a much better explanation than what I can supply, read this article:

https://www.benq.com/en-us/knowledge-center/knowledge/gamma-monitor.html

where they explain, with excellent photos, the differences between the varying levels.

It doesn't explain why Windows calibration tool says mine is perfect at default, while the websites say it's too low.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

It's the median figure derived from testing over a wide range of monitors. It just that they had to account for every monitor produced, to come up with a figure that would work across the board, and their chart uses that figure.

It does not necessarily, reflect the true gamma of any screen, its just a chart that will work with every screen produced.

For a good way of seeing what I'm trying to explain, look at the television screens on the wall at your local Walmart. All of those screens are set to their default settings. Note the differences?

2 hours ago, Thomas4 said:

It's the median figure derived from testing over a wide range of monitors. It just that they had to account for every monitor produced, to come up with a figure that would work across the board, and their chart uses that figure.

It does not necessarily, reflect the true gamma of any screen, its just a chart that will work with every screen produced.

So the conclusion is that it doesn't work with mine?

2.2 is default for LCD monitors. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

28 minutes ago, Thomas4 said:

Here you go:

https://www.alphr.com/change-gamma-windows-10/

This should also work with Windows 11. or you can do it through the monitors menu, if possible or the software that came with the monitor itself, you may be able to get this from your monitors manufacturers website, again, if they have one.

Exactly how I did it. Perfect on Windows, but on that website, the square that blends with the background is 2.0.

To get 2.2,, I need to lower the slider a little bit, the white dots start showing up slightly, in the middle of the circles.

When you're   n the site go into your monitor settings and adjust the contrast as needed. This sometimes needs adjusting because there are slight differences even between the same make and model.