Wifi Issue

Henryworrallo

We have recently moved into this large property over 21,000 sqft and there was already wifi there which had the router connected to a server in the manor house which then had 6 ap's going around the property. We have replaced the old router with our router (BT smart hub 2) But there is still their old network name which i presume is their old ap's, i am confused where i am able to change the network name and password since its not the same ip as the our router. We are not to sure what the issue is, maybe we are missing something but any information is good information.

I would factory reset the AP's and then reconnect the system.  Or upgrade the AP's completely if they're older. 

Usually the access points are controlled via a web interface. If you don't have the password do a factory reset and configure it again. Usually you can find the user manuals online.

15 hours ago, Bdavis said:

Usually the access points are controlled via a web interface. If you don't have the password do a factory reset and configure it again. Usually you can find the user manuals online.

18 hours ago, Heliian said:

I would factory reset the AP's and then reconnect the system.  Or upgrade the AP's completely if they're older. 

For some reason when we replaced one with the bt wifi disc (Via ethernet) the bt disc worked. Its very odd but i guess we will just have to buy another 6 - 8 of them. Is there a bt wifi disk that works better then others? Is there also a limit to how many we can add to our router. We are using the BT smart hub 2 which goes to a server with lots of switches with around 30 spare ethernet ports.