How to physically remove RGB from motherboard

Hello y'all! Due to a damaged DIMM slot, I'm looking at having to replace my ASUS ROG X570-I. Ideally, I'd like to just get another one, as I really like the board, but it has one glaring issue that is making it extremely difficult for me to justify the cost. The RGB.

I hate RGB, can't stand it, loath it with every fiber of my being. I went out of my way to ensure every part of my build was completely devoid of it; I even went as far as to rip out the cables for the power LED. Every part of the build is blacked out except the motherboard, because every ITX X570 board I could find that had the features I needed came with RBG, so I bit the bullet and bought the board hoping I wouldn't be bothered too much by it.

I was. I hate it so much. I know I can disable it in BIOS (and I have) but it turns itself back on constantly and genuinely makes me want to destroy my PC. Every time I'm trying to sleep and I glance over at the glowing rainbow glitter bomb, it fills me with an unimaginable rage that makes me worried I may end up on the next news cycle for various crimes against humanity.

However, now that I need a new one, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I may end up with two of them. That means I can root around in the old one, pulling cables and crushing bulbs without worrying about damaging it. I just don't know where to start. Any advice?

Reversible fixes:

Small dabs of liquid rubber over the diodes

Interrupt a RGB controller update (although this will default some chips to 100% brightness of all colors giving a bright white)

Update your BIOS in case there's a patch that fixes your issue

Permanent fixes:

Soldering iron

24v straight to the RGB controller chip

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Yep RGB is children trash and shouldn't be on any motherboard. Totally agree. We also need to make cases without side panels and with fan locations instead. Don't get me started on GPU RGB and glowing logos, that's even more annoying. Save me the $3 in trash RGB and give me black on black on black with some more black. Hell give me a damn green pcb for a mobo and save $2. 

/rant

Now, as for fixing this I really feel like the bios is the easiest way. It shouldn't be re-enabling itself if you do it directly in the bios. You need to do it directly in the bios not windows though. There are 100% boards where this works and works well. If yours doesn't shop around and find one that does. I'm not familiar with whether Asus's bios manages this well or not.  

Haha you guys are old.

This is coming from Gen X.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X