Nvidia driver 522.25 bug

RobPlev

Have Nvidia referenced the bug that a lot of people seem to be getting in the latest driver? 

For some reason one of the system 32 background processes 'Desktop Window Manager' has really sporadic GPU utilisation. Mine seemed to settle at 42% idle and would just keep constantly spiking to a 100%. I have 3070TI so obviously this is a bug. I've had to rollback to the previous driver to not have the problem but I haven't noticed any acknowledgement in the Nvidia reddit. 

I've not experienced this and as you said, its not something getting any traction on /r/nvidia so I'd say its isolated to your machine. DDU and install it fresh, always the first step if you have issues upgrading drivers.

I'm not seeing this (yet?). Try DDU and clean install (make sure Windows don't automatically install driver). BTW I also used NVCleanstall and threw away all the NV bloatware before it installed.

Hi Guys, im having the same issue here... Im using a Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32gb Dominator Platinum, RTX 3080Ti... And i did the DDU process, reinstalled the latest driver and after rebooting the system the issue started again... So i rolled back to 517.48 and has been 48 hours and the issue has not happened....

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 2:44 AM, Biohazard777 said:

Completely forgot to check back on this. Thanks everyone for the replies! I've just downloaded the latest driver released on 27/10 and back to having the issue again. I've now used DDU and still have the same issue. 

Can I confirm HAGS means Enable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling? If so is there a way I can turn it off? Should I turn it off? 

NVidia is mining on your card. 😮

(This is a joke, please, don't take it as anything other than that.)

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

I'm rolling back again to 517.48 🙂 How can they have two driver releases now with the same issue? My PC is idle with like 2 tabs open and Afterburner has my GPU fans on 50%. 

• 3 weeks later...

For those who care... The latest driver update released today on 16th November seems to rectify the issue. It took 3 different driver updates but we got there in the end. 

Latest driver is 526.98