I bought a 6800XT over a 3070 TI. Thoughts?

Sebendipitous
Go to solution Solved by Raudi_,

Enable, ReBar/SAM.
Open up adrenaline software and change Power Limit and UNDERVOLT THE CARD unless you wanna do some trickery and further the power limit past what Adrenaline lets you.

2022-10-15 21_11_59-.png

Hi! I am going to be building a brand new rig here in a couple months, and bought the 6800XT over the 3070 TI. Let me explain my reasoning. I decided to go with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X processor this time, as I feel like I can get a better value for the money over an Intel chip. I was originally going to go Intel/NVIDIA, but decided to wanted to go AMD for the GPU as well, since I'm trying to save a couple bucks (even though my pc did end up going a little expensive). I know about Smart Access Memory, and was wondering if there was anything I can do to have these the GPU work better overall for my system with my processor, or if I kinda undercut myself with performance. Please know that I am not really interested in DLSS or Ray Tracing, so that's not a huge win for me with NVIDIA cards.

~ Seb

What is your question again? You chose the faster GPU out of those two but surely you knew that? Enable ReBar and you're done. 

9 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

What is your question again? You chose the faster GPU out of those two but surely you knew that? Enable ReBar and you're done. 

I actually didn't know that the 6800XT was faster. I only did some quick research and asked my tech junkie friend. I'm basically asking what I can do to get the best performance out of it. What is ReBar?

2 minutes ago, Sebendipitous said:

I actually didn't know that the 6800XT was faster. I only did some quick research and asked my tech junkie friend. I'm basically asking what I can do to get the best performance out of it. What is ReBar?

Resizable BAR. AMD just decided to name it SAM. 

Enable, ReBar/SAM.
Open up adrenaline software and change Power Limit and UNDERVOLT THE CARD unless you wanna do some trickery and further the power limit past what Adrenaline lets you.

2022-10-15 21_11_59-.png

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14