Whats the BEST air and water cooler for a Ryzen 5 7600x?

My_Computer_Is_Trash

Okay, I think you have a question which is somewhat similar to mine: How much should you spend on a CPU cooler to cool Ryzen 7600X.

I was also surveying for a good cooler or check whether if using back some old AM4 coolers justify the hassle recently. I'm still collecting data (not having the system to play around just yet), so my research is still preliminary.

So far from what I can gather throughout my research: You might want to budget about USD75 to USD125 for CPU cooler.

As for air tower cooler, many people did recommend Dark Rock Pro 4 as the go to, although it can be a little bit more expensive. Generally, any tower cooler that design for 135W TDP CPU should do the trick, with some 'asterisk'. The asterisk will be the fan that push air to expelled the heat.

As for Liquid Cooling or AIO, a 240mm radiator seems suffice for 7600X.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

On 10/13/2022 at 12:37 AM, Chiyawa said:

Okay, I think you have a question which is somewhat similar to mine: How much should you spend on a CPU cooler to cool Ryzen 7600X.

I was also surveying for a good cooler or check whether if using back some old AM4 coolers justify the hassle recently. I'm still collecting data (not having the system to play around just yet), so my research is still preliminary.

So far from what I can gather throughout my research: You might want to budget about USD75 to USD125 for CPU cooler.

As for air tower cooler, many people did recommend Dark Rock Pro 4 as the go to, although it can be a little bit more expensive. Generally, any tower cooler that design for 135W TDP CPU should do the trick, with some 'asterisk'. The asterisk will be the fan that push air to expelled the heat.

As for Liquid Cooling or AIO, a 240mm radiator seems suffice for 7600X.

$0 cooling budget for a 7600x, because you should return your 7600x and get literally any other cpu currently for sale. 

Look, the cheapest I can do for a 7600x build is $600 for the CPU, the cheapest motherboard available, and the cheapest 32gigs of ram. It's a horrible ram kit and a not so great motherboard. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/n6smBj

Meanwhile, using a 5800x3d you get a total build cost of $563 getting a lower end b550 board and 32 gigs of cl16 3200mhz ram. It's not just roughly $35 cheaper. The 5800x3d is an end cycle CPU and will be worth a TON of money in the future when you go to resell it. The 7600x is currently the worst cpu on the am5 platform and will be effectively worthless in 2-3 years. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zQjTVw

A 7600x is not justifable. As long as the 5800x3d is still for sale, there's no debate as to which one is a better value short and long term for the same performance. 

I get some people will say "yeah but I can't drop in a new cpu then". Overall though, you're gonna come out ahead flipping your 5800x3d build when you wanna upgrade and buying a new cpu, ram, and motherboard once the am5 platform and ddr5 is mature and the costs are down. 

9 hours ago, toasty99 said:

*Snip

Yeah, but I as a consultant sometimes do face customers with, well, want the best but make it the cheapest. I have to check for hardware compatibility, what works and what doesn't, etc etc etc. Anyway, this knowledge will proof useful in the future where AM4 is nowhere to be found except the used market. I know with the price right now, getting an AM4 system still consider a better options because that's what I'll advise for all my clients. Still some insisted "I want AM5 with PCIe 5.0 support because I'm installing RTX4090 so I can play CS:GO in 400FPS. You better get something cheap but usable because my budget for the rest of the system is USDXXX". Customers, huh, worse part is my consultation is pretty much free of charge.

But in any case, I have projected that most retailers will clear AM4 stock in the coming holiday season, so AM4 platforms could be sold out by next year. Of course this is purely my point of view. So depends on your location, AM4 availability varies a lot in the short future.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Hardware Canucks did a video 

7950x £30 cooler vs 360 aio and everything in between 

for gaming everything gets full performance 

and rendering £30 cooler stays at 4.9ghz and 36 aio 5.2

tge cooler really isn’t effecting things that much 

7600x is a lot cooler so really anything from mid size air cooler to 240 aio is perfectly fine 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

19 hours ago, toasty99 said:

$0 cooling budget for a 7600x, because you should return your 7600x and get literally any other cpu currently for sale. 

Look, the cheapest I can do for a 7600x build is $600 for the CPU, the cheapest motherboard available, and the cheapest 32gigs of ram. It's a horrible ram kit and a not so great motherboard. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/n6smBj

Meanwhile, using a 5800x3d you get a total build cost of $563 getting a lower end b550 board and 32 gigs of cl16 3200mhz ram. It's not just roughly $35 cheaper. The 5800x3d is an end cycle CPU and will be worth a TON of money in the future when you go to resell it. The 7600x is currently the worst cpu on the am5 platform and will be effectively worthless in 2-3 years. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zQjTVw

A 7600x is not justifable. As long as the 5800x3d is still for sale, there's no debate as to which one is a better value short and long term for the same performance. 

I get some people will say "yeah but I can't drop in a new cpu then". Overall though, you're gonna come out ahead flipping your 5800x3d build when you wanna upgrade and buying a new cpu, ram, and motherboard once the am5 platform and ddr5 is mature and the costs are down. 

Yeah but the newer form factor will last longer for future upgrades.

Omg, it's a signature!

1 hour ago, Take my memes said:

It doesn't matter if the newer platform "lasts longer" and I'm not sure why people aren't getting that. 

One, B650 and X670 will be the worst red headed step child boards just like b350 and x370. Sure they will be "supported" but how well? Not to mention prices are high now and you should expect motherboard prices to fall in the future. They won't stay as high as they are. 

Two, ddr5 is gonna get better. ddr4 came out at 2133mhz with ddr4 3200 being the "high end" stuff at one point. It's gonna advance. You might not want to reuse ddr5 you buy today, and if you buy it in the future it's certainly gonna be cheaper. 

Three, you're gonna get raked over the coals when you sell a 7600x for an upgrade. It's a horrible processor, the worst released for the AM5 platform currently. That will have little to no value as no one will want it. 

Now let's contrast this to AM4 and the 5800x3d. 

One, boards will be falling out of production. As boards fail, the price in 2-3 years should remain stable as people are searching for replacement boards. 

Two, ddr4 3200 is dirt cheap. It's not gonna get cheaper. In fact, when ddr3 went out of production the prices went up for a while, and it's very possible ddr4 will have the same happen. 

Three, the 5800x3d is an "end cycle" processor. If you wanna game on AM4, it is the BEST processor for that platform spanning 3 generations (300, 400, 500) of motherboards. A 9900k as the defacto z370/390 cpu is worth $300 today, the 7700k as the z170/270 top is worth $140, a 4790k is worth $90, the ancient and terrible fx 9590 is worth $100, and even the i7 990x is worth $100. 

If you get a 5800x3d, you're gonna come out in 3-4 years looking like a genius when selling it pays for your entirely new platform while all the Ryzen 7600x owners get stuck with a worthless chip that they can't sell. 

• 10 months later...
On 10/17/2022 at 3:42 PM, toasty99 said:

Three, you're gonna get raked over the coals when you sell a 7600x for an upgrade. It's a horrible processor, the worst released for the AM5 platform currently. That will have little to no value as no one will want it. 

Well, that comment aged like sour milk didn't it.  🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Veisenberg said:

Another necromancer strikes! 😉 😀 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

16 hours ago, Veisenberg said:

You dug this grave too soon. Check back in in a couple years. It needs time to age, just like fine wine.

On 8/25/2023 at 5:40 PM, Veisenberg said:

Not at all. My comment has already aged like a fine wine.

The fact remains (at the time of that post) b650 boards and ddr5 were too expensive. You pretty much couldn't find a b650 board under $160 back then. DDR4 and b450/b550 boards were at roughly the prices they are at now. The 5800x3d went from like $330 to $300. The Ryzen 7600x has fallen to $240 or less pretty much regularly.

It's already aging the way I expected. At the time of my post, someone who had bought the 5800x3d absolutely would have made the correct decision.