Is there anyway to change base google account verification to a single phone

Greetings all,

So I'm a chairman for a Veterinarians Without Borders commission. For organising our activities we use a shared google-account but it's been a continued problem where google sends account verification notifications to unsuspecting commission-members who then need to verify your new login. As you might imagine, this is very inconvenient as sometimes someone needs to do a login on a new device, whilst all the other people are busy in their daily work as a Vet or Vet-med student. Now I've already discovered that it is not possible to disable this feature (and no, I am not talking about the verification upon every login; that's a different verification), but I couldn't figure out or find whether it might be able to assign a single phone (mine as chairman) to receive these security/verification notifications. Any ideas? Thanks in advance =D

This is a recipe for total disaster and eventual total account lockout. Goodbye email address!

But you could set up an authenticator like Authy or google authenticator, and when it needs verification, it should allow you to pick an auth method.

But this is going to end in disaster. You need a commercial solution for managing shared mailboxes really. You must be giving out the password to so many people?

11 hours ago, whispous said:

This is a recipe for total disaster and eventual total account lockout. Goodbye email address!

But you could set up an authenticator like Authy or google authenticator, and when it needs verification, it should allow you to pick an auth method.

But this is going to end in disaster. You need a commercial solution for managing shared mailboxes really. You must be giving out the password to so many people?

I do agree, but we're a relatively small branch of a charity organization. We do not have the budget to get ourselves a commercial solution. 
Furthermore, the commission generally does not expand beyond 10 people at any one time, and we change the passwords after someone has left the commission.
So yeah, we need a commercial solution, but that won't happen anytime soon, unless someone starts giving us proper amounts of money.

17 hours ago, Lennart van de Merwe said:

I do agree, but we're a relatively small branch of a charity organization. We do not have the budget to get ourselves a commercial solution. 
Furthermore, the commission generally does not expand beyond 10 people at any one time, and we change the passwords after someone has left the commission.
So yeah, we need a commercial solution, but that won't happen anytime soon, unless someone starts giving us proper amounts of money.

I guess. But emergencies and accidents don't care that you're a small org.

Good luck, try adding an extra method of authentication, like google authenticator/authy.