American dream?

Rhyn

Recently in class we finished the Great Gatsby and now we have to write an essay on the current condition of the American dream.  I've already have my opinion on this and I was just wondering what you guys think.  I think that it is dead and no longer exists, but that's just me.  Here's a straw poll on whether or not the dream is dead:

http://strawpoll.me/1603181

If you don't think that it is dead I'd be interested to here why so comment why  :) thanks.

the US is no better than any other 2nd world country, your population is poor as hell with 1% having 99.99% of all the money.. adn 50% of the people living below the poverty line..

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

You should add a third option for those who are undecided. 

The "American Dream" being dead or not depends on what each person defines as the "American Dream".

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

What @Rorgash said..

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

There's many different definitions of the 'American Dream'.

Mine is finding a good enough job to not have to worry about paying bills on time and be able to provide for my family. That's all I want.

I have only read about that term in books, heard it in movies and from politicians. It's just one of the bullshit things that still exist from long ago to idealize being in the states or coming to the states. It's on par with a wives tale in my opinion. Lots of fantastic countries all over the world where someone can "dream"

the US is no better than any other 2nd world country, your population is poor as hell with 1% having 99.99% of all the money.. adn 50% of the people living below the poverty line..

Exaggerate much? I'm no huge fan of my home country either, but damn, I'm sorry my nation's existence pisses you off so much...

Exaggerate much? I'm no huge fan of my home country either, but damn, I'm sorry my nation's existence pisses you off so much...

I don't think Rorgash was intending to be insulting, lol.

well your banks ruined the entire world economy... that effected me like everyone else :P but no the general people not as much as your facist goverment (google the definition of facism and it fits the US perfectly right now :P )

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race