A blast from the past 2012

Tronnic

Hey guys, 

I just randomly found one of my old YouTube videos from 2012. Back then I only had DSL light (50kb/s down, 8kb/s up). I was desperate and purchased a super expensive satellite setup to at least be able to watch YouTube in 720p instead of 180p. There's even a short clip of Linus from 2012. 

I uploaded this video back then to show how fast satellite setups were.

Crazy how these websites have evolved over the past 10 years (except mindfactory lol). 

I didn't even realize how modern the internet has become.

Enjoy this blast from the past:

Have a wonderful day 🙂

Intel Core i7 7700k | Asus GTX 1080 ti Strix | Asus ROG Strix Z270F | 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200 | 650W EVGA Supernova Plat | Corsair Crystal 460X | 4TB WD-B

Acer Predator X34P | Acer CB241HY | Logitech G513 | Logitech G903 & Powerplay | MMX300 Headpohnes | FiiO DAC-E10 | 250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2

My System on imgur

Well, my area doesn't have DSL coverage back then (well, not sure if it is because our occupancy is low, our neighbouring area (just shy of 1km away) has the service but we don't). I remember still using a modem and Youtube is out of the radar because of the slow Internet. Ah, good times. I remember cyber cafes pop out in every corner and you haver to go there to play with friends if you want to play multi player games like StarCraft and Counter Strike since it's easier than to carry all our rigs to a friend's house.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Your DSL speeds where abysmal even by 2012 standars, at least compared to the country I live in. 

I had 100/100 mbps back then but I would say 25/5 or 10/10 mbps was more the norm here 10 years ago. 

Where I live today I have a fiber connection and pay for 250/250 mbps but could get a 1/1 gbps connection if I wanted (I just don't see the need for more bandwidth since 250/250 already is kind of overkill, but a nice to have in some instances)  

German broadband internet coverage tends to be extremely uneven. It doesn't always follow rhyme or reason what speeds are actually available at any given location.

My then-girlfriend, now-wife lived in a village basically just outside a major city back in 2017. The maximum available speed was 2 mbps down/0.2 mbps up. Even living in the city itself, we could get 100/40 speeds only two years ago - before that the best available speed was 25/8.