Getting PC quieter

annie

Heyo, my PC is getting waaaay too loud when gaming and it's driving me insane. (It's fine in idle)

First, my specs:

Corsair 4000D Airflow

1 iCUE QL120 fan in the back (exhaust) and 3 in the front (intake)

iCUE H100i Elite Capellix AIO at the top (exhaust)

AORUS Radeon RX 580

Ryzen 5

Asus ROG Strix B550-A Gaming

Vengeance RGB Pro SL 16GB DDR4 DRAM

CX650F Power Supply

I'm using iCue for the fans with the coolant temperature as sensor and the standard GPU curve (AMD Adrenaline). Curve screenshots are attached. I  didn't wanna mess with the curves too much, because the GPU temps go all the way to 50°C when running only Discord and a browser with one tab.

My monitor is a LG 38WN95C-W 38” and I'm not sure if my GPU maybe can't handle it properly?

Anyone got any other ideas what I could try?

Screenshot 2022-10-07 094854.png

Screenshot 2022-10-07 095041.png

Your fan curve is way too aggressive in a case like that. AIO's barely gain any performance from fan speed so keep them at like 50%. Same with case fans. 

Also who cares if your GPU sits at 50C? 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Oh I see, thanks! The iCue presets were even more aggressive, so I didn't know how far I could go. So a coolant temp of over 40 is still fine?

Haha I don't know, I just compared temperatures with some friends and theirs was at around 35. Thought that might be a sign that my GPU can't handle the bigger monitor or something 😅

1 minute ago, annie said:

Oh I see, thanks! The iCue presets were even more aggressive, so I didn't know how far I could go. So a coolant temp of over 40 is still fine?

Haha I don't know, I just compared temperatures with some friends and theirs was at around 35. Thought that might be a sign that my GPU can't handle the bigger monitor or something 😅

Coolant temp is irrelevant, you should only care about the CPU temps and considering it's a Ryzen 5 it doesn't output much heat so slow fan speed is the way to go. 

Many modern GPU's turn off the fans when idle and sit around 50C, perfectly normal. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

So I've set iCue to use the CPU temp sensor instead of the coolant temp sensor and set the curves like in Ralfis screenshots.

HOLY SH*T, IT'S SO QUIET NOW!

And the temperatures seem to be fine overall!

Thanks everyone! 🙂