CPU cooler for I9 9900KF Mini-ITX.

LeBoulet

Hello, would you have a recommendation for a processor heatsink, in a very poorly ventilated Mini-ITX case, only 1 120mm fan...

The case is an Sliger M560 , so I have a heatsink height constraint of 55mm maximum, this is to cool an I9 9900KF with a TDP of 95 watts.

Motherboard : Aorus Z390I pro-wifi

Graphic card : EVGA 2080xc ultra

Ram : DDR4 32go corsair vengeance (LP)

I for my part found the "Alpenföhn® Black Ridge" which corresponds in all respects to my processor, but since I only have one fan to supply air to the case and the TDPs are equivalent, I am afraid to be quickly overwhelmed by a processor heat overload, even if the case will be completely open with dust filters everywhere !

But given that he is 3-4 years old now, I think that something better could exist today...

https://www.alpenfoehn.de/en/products/cpu-cooler/black-ridge-en

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AddRvGWJ_f4B6UC7_IftDiVudVc8CJ8sxLUqlxVsCz4/edit#gid=200663719

There are indeed better coolers under 55mm than the black ridge.  Some significantly higher TDPs, too.

I'd probably go with this one myself:
https://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-AXP-90-X53-Profile-TL-9015/dp/B09CGWN1M7

This guy has done a couple low profile roundup's that included the blackridge in the past but just did this video. Thing is cheap, too.

55mm on 55mm is cutting it too close, it might cause noise issues, Thermalright AXP-53mm with Noctua fan duct (NA-FD1) is probably the best option.

-7ahbe8.thumb.jpg.aab15009809c2c71f6f17653ce8901da.jpgThanks for your recommendations.

During my research, and always about the "Alpenföhn® Black Ridge"

I found that it included an I7-8700k on 6 cores @ 4.3GHz with only ~57 degrees (changing the fans).

It looks very good to me because the I7-8700k and the I9-9900KF have the exact same TDP.

But I doubt that the case having carried out the test is ventilated like mine. (a single 120mm fan and with dust filters on 3 sides)

With the M560 sliger, I couldn't put the fan on top to cool the heatsink. 😑

So I was forced to switch to a sliger S610 case (13.3 liters)

I am no longer so limited by the size of the heat sink (from 55mm to 123 max)

So I found another solution, thank you for your help.