I am so confused on what to do...please help!

HJS04

Budget (including currency): $1000 - $1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly Gaming (Minecraft (I want to raytrace it if I can), Civ V, League of Legends, I have been waiting to play Cyberpunk as I wanted to have a higher end system to have it look super nice), my wife uses it to work from home (lots of spreadsheets and open chrome tabs (like 40 open tabs, it drives me crazy)).

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): My current set up is: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JJHN9r

I was thinking of upgrading just the CPU and Graphics Card to a AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor and a 3080 or 3080ti (Both on the used market maybe?).

Or I could save up another year and just wait, but I'd really love to load up Cyberpunk and have it look all shiny. Anyone have thoughts?

Edited by HJS04
Error on post

Your current setup list has a Ryzen 1700 but you say you're considering upgrading to a Ryzen 1700???

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, HJS04 said:

My bad, it should have been a AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor

If your sole objective is gaming then the 5800X is neither here nor there IMO. The 5600/5600X will do about as well for cheaper, whereas the 5800X3D is more expensive but the single best gaming chip you can buy for the platform.

Personally I'd go with the 5600 and pick up a 3080 for $750 and you'd still come in at the low end of your allotted budget. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

If your sole objective is gaming then the 5800X is neither here nor there IMO. The 5600/5600X will do about as well for cheaper, whereas the 5800X3D is more expensive but the single best gaming chip you can buy for the platform.

Personally I'd go with the 5600 and pick up a 3080 for $750 and you'd still come in at the low end of your allotted budget. 

Ok, any issues with the power supply or RAM if I do that, or it should be fine?

14 minutes ago, HJS04 said:

Ok, any issues with the power supply or RAM if I do that, or it should be fine?

RAM isn't the fastest but the difference will be negligible. 

You don't have a PSU listed.