Board or GPU fault?

Baron_Backdoor

I have an Asus crosshair VIII hero, 3900x, 2 X 16GB G.skill neo 3600, Seasonic prime 1000w and EVGA 3080ti (replaced stock fan assembly with EK water block) which has been awesome for over a year, about a month ago while gaming all monitors would go black but I could still hear and operate the OS (start > CMD > shutdown -r) on reboot display was back, no BSODs registered but DWM.exe errors. I decided to reapply TIM to CPU and GPU and now I get no display a white led on the board and an 02 q code.

I'm now stuck as I have no parts to swap in to test as I sold my 1700x and 1080ti after new system was built.

And advice is welcome.

I should also say I've tried a known good hdmi cable on all 3 monitors (they all have been connected via 1.4 DP cables till now) and all PSU cables reseated.

1 hour ago, Baron_Backdoor said:

I have an Asus crosshair VIII hero, 3900x, 2 X 16GB G.skill neo 3600, Seasonic prime 1000w and EVGA 3080ti (replaced stock fan assembly with EK water block) which has been awesome for over a year, about a month ago while gaming all monitors would go black but I could still hear and operate the OS (start > CMD > shutdown -r) on reboot display was back, no BSODs registered but DWM.exe errors. I decided to reapply TIM to CPU and GPU and now I get no display a white led on the board and an 02 q code.

I'm now stuck as I have no parts to swap in to test as I sold my 1700x and 1080ti after new system was built.

And advice is welcome.

🤔 What do you mean by 'TIM'? Whatever that means, this sounds like the same issue I just ran into. Its gonna be a LOT harder to narrow down the cause without spare parts which is EXACTLY why I never listen to anyone claiming you ever should. So this only happens while gaming? 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

By TIM I mean the thermal paste (I'm old and sometimes call it thermal interface material lol). I'm trying to avoid buying new kit if the AMD x3D CPUs are coming early next year. 

The blacking of monitors I only noticed while gaming, checking WER logs showed an Nvidia dll restarting (almost like when a USB device is removed and plugged back in) so at first I assumed windows so rebuilt both in Win 10 and Win 11 just to test but the same behaviour was seen in both. EVGA suggested the PSU and to check the 12v rail which I did and it sat at 12.152v for 5 minutes with no fluctuations. That was when I decided to repaste.